Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Miriam is having a party and EVERYBODY is invited!!! >

Miriam is having a party and EVERYBODY is invited!!!

Miriam is having a party and EVERYBODY is invited!!!

Old 09-06-2015, 01:37 PM
Power Poster

Default Miriam is having a party and EVERYBODY is invited!!!

On another thread I think I invited a couple of Super Members to hop on their magic carpet and ride on over to my house for a party. Since I can't lift you will have to bring your own sewing machine this time. OH and Mom and Dad are on special diets so bring some food, too. Really yummy stuff please. This is a party right here - it can start when ever you are ready and go on as long as we can drag it out!!!

You are all welcome to come just let me know what you are bringing.

FOOD: I'm making some fat bombs out of cream cheese, coconut oil and what ever dad can have on his new low potassium diet............ gotta check on google that's Dad's food dish. Mom can have fat bombs with cream cheese, coconut oil and almond butter, all rolled in some almond meal. For me I want a root beer float....

MACHINE: I brought 7 or 8 Singer 15 clone tension plates to take apart and work over plus their matching bobbin cases. The machines are at home since space and lifting machines are a problem here.

Party hardy!!!

Last edited by miriam; 09-06-2015 at 01:42 PM.
Old 09-06-2015, 01:47 PM

Looks like I'll be attending from here. I've been slowly working on a Monkey Wards Streamliner that Macybaby gave me. It's missing the original light. So far I've replaced the wires to the light and have spent some time building a base and cleaning and oiling the machine. I still have more wiring to do before I can start testing it.
Rodney
Old 09-06-2015, 02:20 PM
Power Poster

What food will you be bringing to this party Rodney???
Old 09-06-2015, 03:49 PM

I hadn't thought about food. I'll just mooch off everyone else.
Rodney
Old 09-06-2015, 05:05 PM
Power Poster

Well, Rodney would you like a cup of Tension Tamer Tea?
Old 09-06-2015, 08:23 PM

I'm bringing pecan pie cheesecake, snickerdoodle bread, and a chicken recipe.saw all on facebook!
and I'm bringing my redeye and 201 to play with
Old 09-06-2015, 10:21 PM

I might as well bring some "Canadian" food: Bannock, Maple flavored Back Bacon, Butter Tarts, and Tim Horton's coffee (tea for me though! You don't want to see me on coffee...)

I'll bring the RAF decaled 15(-30? - I forgot to check if it has reverse - it does have a different stitch length plate than usual though.) I scored on Friday, it needs a clean up and maybe someone will have a slide plate and a stitch length lever I can swap for.
Old 09-06-2015, 11:11 PM
Banned

I'll bring some fresh seafood. Salmon steaks, shrimp boil with mussels, and steamer clams. Salad and garlic bread. A couple cases of beer.

I'm not sure what machine(s) I'll bring. I haven't had any machine time lately. Maybe I'll bring the 3 I got at the Toga. Right now I don't even remember what they are.

Cari
Old 09-07-2015, 02:07 AM

How about a couple of Utah classics - funeral potatoes and green jello with shredded carrots. (I hear tale that the jello classifies as a green salad.) Or maybe French fries with fry sauce. Raise your hand if you're familiar with any of these.
Old 09-07-2015, 02:22 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
How about a couple of Utah classics - funeral potatoes and green jello with shredded carrots. (I hear tale that the jello classifies as a green salad.) Or maybe French fries with fry sauce. Raise your hand if you're familiar with any of these.
Are you bringing a sewing machine?