Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Needle doesn’t move on 221 featherweight

Needle doesn’t move on 221 featherweight

I was sewing fine until a thread tangled. I cut the thread and now only the belt moves when I press the foot pedal. If I manually move the wheel it’s very hard and still needle does not move.
    what do I do now to make it run??
    thanks!
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-22-2019 at 06:44 PM. Reason: remove venting which is not permitted
    "I may not believe in what you say but will defend your right to say it"- Voltaire

With the Featherweight it's common to get a tiny bit of thread in the bobbin area and it jams the machine. There are a few videos on this, but the general trick is to take out the bobbin case, perhaps race and hook too, take off the bottom pan, look for the piece of thread jamming the movment. You might need tweezers.

I agree with Mickey. When I have problems with my 301 or one of the FW's its often a tiny piece of thread stuck in the bobbin area. A nice little LED flashlight helps me to see them.
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

Thank-you, that was the issue- a small piece of thread!! You guys are wonderful!!
    "I may not believe in what you say but will defend your right to say it"- Voltaire