Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
OT(ish!) - Speaking of wiring... >

OT(ish!) - Speaking of wiring...

OT(ish!) - Speaking of wiring...

Old 05-15-2014, 08:58 PM

Default OT(ish!) - Speaking of wiring...

This was a gas!!
http://www.mez.co.uk/lucas.html
Even for those of us who are not old British car buffs, some of the Q and A at the bottom is great (I especially liked the datsun one), as are some of the Land Rover jokes.

The fuse replacement part reminds me of when DH used to use a cigarette foil to switch fuel tanks on the truck that used to blow that fuse all the time.... he really is a darwin award waiting to happen some days.

Oh and this one:
http://www.mez.co.uk/haynes.html

This one seems almost like it's talking about a sewing machine service manual...

Last edited by ArchaicArcane; 05-15-2014 at 09:18 PM.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:38 AM

What a hoot! I liked the tool definitions in the Haynes Manual the best.

CD in Oklahoma
Old 05-16-2014, 06:17 AM

LOL. I am intimately familiar with many of those things.

Joe
Old 05-16-2014, 07:05 AM

Thanks for the great site, had to stop drinking my coffee, but I sure do miss my Healy 3000.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:52 AM
Banned

1965 Spitfire
1970 GT6+

I got SO tired of spending my weekends under the cars instead of in them....
Old 05-17-2014, 04:43 AM

Loved these! Priceless! Thanks for sharing these, ArchaicArcane. Passed them on to hubby.
DH has a 1969 TR6. And he tore it down to the frame and rebuilt it. He had to write the person who sold him the wiring schematic and point out errors (sounds like some quilt patterns, eh?). AND he's still under it periodically, too, just like SteveH. But it is a cute wee car. Personally, I'll take my 2007 Mini convertible over the TR any day.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:05 AM

OMG!!!! Best laugh I've had in a long time!!! Thanks! I needed that. For some reason, that I won't go into here, I had lots of Studebakers, so it fits totally, what with things like kingpins, Hill Holder, Overdrive, 170 Cubic Inch motors hauling 2 tons of recycled Korean War recycled fighter jets with about 65 horsepower on a good day. And who could forget Frantz oil filters that held a roll of toilet paper for filtration, and another heater for the rear floor, cowl vents etc
Old 05-17-2014, 09:50 AM

I loved it Arctic Tammi! Thank you for the giggle.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:03 PM

No kidding Steve!! It's been one of those years for us so far and we're not talking the golden oldies here. 14 tires (3 vehicles) in the last 6 months, the car asked for brake pads and rotors before the big trip to the next province over, when DH came home with a "screeching noise" to diagnose on the car on Tuesday (rock stuck between rotor and dust shield - free fix at least, but still), I almost lost it. Better still, I fired up the bike (that I put 2 tires on on Saturday because I found a nail in one), and found a burned out headlight. I almost just turned him back around, put him back in the garage and went back to bed. I'm starting to feel like the little guy in the Honda dirtbike commercial "Please Sir! I just want to ride!"
Old 05-17-2014, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by coopah View Post
Loved these! Priceless! Thanks for sharing these, ArchaicArcane. Passed them on to hubby.
DH has a 1969 TR6. And he tore it down to the frame and rebuilt it. He had to write the person who sold him the wiring schematic and point out errors (sounds like some quilt patterns, eh?). AND he's still under it periodically, too, just like SteveH. But it is a cute wee car. Personally, I'll take my 2007 Mini convertible over the TR any day.
That's completely remincent of quilting patterns! I love the old cars and bikes, but I sure gotta say it's nice to know you're going to get both to and home from your destination with a newer less "interesting" vehicle.

Originally Posted by oldsewnsew View Post
And who could forget Frantz oil filters that held a roll of toilet paper for filtration,
Seriously!?!?