Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Pics of some of my older machines.... >

Pics of some of my older machines....

Pics of some of my older machines....

Old 04-30-2010, 06:20 PM

the black one is my Grannie's old machine. It was badged Royal on the front but it came off. I added the handcrank to it when the cord became dry rotted going to the motor. Dh says he will repair it one day.....
The 2nd one is one I got off freecycle. It sews wonderfully but has the left needle position which makes it kind of odd.
The third one is the machine dh just brought me today. I know nothing about it except that it runs. I'm wondering if class 15 bobbins will work in it?

The only one I don't have a good picture of is my Singer 127 treadle. The decals are all silvered on it so it doesn't look great. I hopefully have found a redeye though that looks good to put in my treadle base.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-30071.jpe   attachment-30072.jpe   attachment-30073.jpe  
Old 04-30-2010, 06:27 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Wow, nice machines. I don't think I have ever seen one like the third pic. Let us know when you get some info on it.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:00 PM
Power Poster

What fun machines, and what a sweetie of your hubby to bring you a new machine ;)
Old 04-30-2010, 08:14 PM

Nice machines Ginnie! I think the New Home is maybe from the 40's...I found one that looks similar on Needlebar...that one dated between 1944-1949...your's may be earlier than that from the looks of it. :)
Old 05-01-2010, 06:56 AM
Banned

Ginnie I like the hand crank, and the New Home, and the.....Oh heck I love them all!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The color of your New Home is rocking and I really like how the bobbin winder attaches and is used. The more I see the Handcranks the more I am liking them. Since I have a Singer 128 coming my way (Thank you Jan!!!! :thumbup: ) I am thinking about making it a handcrank.

That is the machine I will be doing the tuturial on how to clean and preserve a machine, and might as well do one about how to convert one to a handcrank also. Would anyone be interested in a conversion tute?

Billy
Old 05-01-2010, 07:43 AM

well I have a headache this morning so am wasting my day sitting here online instead of sewing. I did play around with the wheel on the motor and got the machine a tad quieter and i think actually cleaning it will help more. I know better than to tackle tearing it apart though when I feel like this.
I also found out that there were 3 model numbers used on this machine....NLB, NLH, and AHC. The most info I found gave a serial # of 471451 made about 1930. Mine is 909684 so I'm guessing it was made in the late 30's to mid 40's? I do have a call in to the company to see if I can date it.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
The more I see the Handcranks the more I am liking them. Since I have a Singer 128 coming my way (Thank you Jan!!!! :thumbup: ) I am thinking about making it a handcrank.

That is the machine I will be doing the tuturial on how to clean and preserve a machine, and might as well do one about how to convert one to a handcrank also. Would anyone be interested in a conversion tute?

Billy
the handcrank is really fun to use. Its not hard at all like you think it would be and piecing on it is so accurate.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:37 AM
Power Poster

You have very beautiful machines :D:D:D
Old 05-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Power Poster

What cool old machines. They are beauties. Thanks for sharing them with us.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Billy
Yes! I think we all would like you to do all the tutes you can think of.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: