Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   301 Table (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/301-table-t193918.html)

AuntieD 07-08-2012 01:46 PM

Great find! I need to get one for myself.

BuzzinBumble 07-09-2012 08:39 AM

Wow Mary - You scored a table in great condition! Yes, Yes! Get a 301! You will love it!
Do you use your 201 to sew your DQ Swap quilts? I adored your mini chicken quilt last month!

Does the table wiggle around a lot on it's legs when you sew or is it pretty stable?

amyjo 07-09-2012 10:07 AM

Good luck ladies finding that one. It is a Singer Featherweight table made for the little FW to sit in. I know because I have one that I bought on auction just for my FW to sit in when I sew. I paid $105 for it at auction. Bid against another lady who knew what it was too. saw them sell on ebay for over 300. I have spoken to a guy who said he can find these tables all over when he goes to auctions around the country. He said I got a good deal. If she puts her 301 in it it might fit. Haven't tried that yet. I need a cabinet for my black 301a that made a trip around the USA before it finally made it home. That i paid $90 including the shipping. It has the holder to put into a cabinet on it too. Amy

Candace 07-09-2012 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by amyjo (Post 5351036)
Good luck ladies finding that one. It is a Singer Featherweight table made for the little FW to sit in. I know because I have one that I bought on auction just for my FW to sit in when I sew. I paid $105 for it at auction. Bid against another lady who knew what it was too. saw them sell on ebay for over 300. I have spoken to a guy who said he can find these tables all over when he goes to auctions around the country. He said I got a good deal. If she puts her 301 in it it might fit. Haven't tried that yet. I need a cabinet for my black 301a that made a trip around the USA before it finally made it home. That i paid $90 including the shipping. It has the holder to put into a cabinet on it too. Amy

The FW table is a darker finish.

almond 07-09-2012 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble (Post 5350809)
Wow Mary - You scored a table in great condition! Yes, Yes! Get a 301! You will love it!
Do you use your 201 to sew your DQ Swap quilts? I adored your mini chicken quilt last month!

Does the table wiggle around a lot on it's legs when you sew or is it pretty stable?

No the table does not wiggle at all. I too was a little concerned with as much as the machine weighs. The table is very sturdy and ia pretty heavy to carry

No I have not used it to sew any quilts because of a place to put it issue. Sure hope to use it more now with it being at a usable heigth.

Thanks for the compliment on the chicken quilt. Are you in on the DQ swap?

Charlee 07-09-2012 12:53 PM

Candace is right. The table with the lighter colored edges and legs is for the 301, the table with the black edges and legs is for the FW. :)

Morag 07-09-2012 01:14 PM

I need a table for my FW...I have two..one for the guild meetings and camp and one for home:)

BuzzinBumble 07-09-2012 01:52 PM

Great to know the table is stable Mary! Always wondered about that. Hope you have a lot of fun with your 201 now that it's found it's place!
Yes, June was the first month for me. (I wrote the silly poem that a few thought was about a chicken, as a riddle for my partner to guess about her quilt :o - it was a cardinal.) I had not realized how fun it was until a friend clued me in. What a nice group of ladies!