Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   99k in Mesa, AZ update (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/99k-mesa-az-update-t185097.html)

ArizonaKAT 04-05-2012 07:12 AM

99k in Mesa, AZ update

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks to jljack's encouragement I am now the proud owner of a cute 99K with cabinet. I left after work yesterday . . . and immediately ran into a stop and go sitution on the highway. Bounced off the highway, picked up a friend and headed for the other highway anticipating that I could use the HOV lane ha ha ha . . . (i'm laughing now). Seems there was a police situation on this highway and the suspect vehicle was now teetering on the brim of the highway.

Ok, there's still daylight and my "Galaxy Lady" (aka talking GPS) is on it. She takes me to exit 173 and tells me to get off. I thought this was odd but maybe she knows a way around this mess . . . I get off . . . then she takes me right back on . . . but now I have to wade through the traffic to get where I was already at a few mintues ago. She's paying me back for the last trip when I took her through Wendy's drive thru and she kept having to reroute herself.

Finally got back on the road, onto the HOV lane and I'm traveling at the speed of light (speed limit anyway). Got to the house and there she was in all her glory.

The man selling her didn't know anything about sewing machines and when he buys estates he hates having to take the machines with him. HA! Not only did I get a very well taken care of 99K AND cabinet, I got a contact for the vintage/antique (or just plain old as the man put it) machines. He took my number and said whenever he gets machines from the estate sales, he'll calll me first.

The driving adventure was definitely worth it in the end. Someone really loved this machine and now I will.

greywuuf 04-05-2012 07:55 AM

Wow nice little machine. Love her and take care of her.

eann 04-05-2012 08:40 AM

Congrats!! Sure is a beauty!! I'm still looking for a FW.....someday?

J Miller 04-05-2012 10:19 AM

AZKat,

I love the story about valley freeway driving. It's been 10 years since I was back home driving on those freeways. I miss it horribly. ( I know that makes me nuttier than a fruitcake, but that's the way it is.)

That's a really nice machine and to get told you'll get first call for any other machines make you a very lucky person. I'm envious.

Joe

mighty 04-05-2012 06:37 PM

Beautiful machine!!!!

beauford 04-05-2012 07:28 PM

So cute
I have 2 , one for grandkids who are 13, 9,& 7 they are just the best size the kids make all kinds of things with this machine I keep the other for me in craft room it's like a kitten just purrs

Lyncat 04-06-2012 05:59 AM

I love following your adventures! I am way on the other side of the valley in Buckeye.

jljack 04-06-2012 07:46 AM

I'm so glad you went to get it. Those little cabinets that fit the 3/4 size machines are really hard to find, so just for that you got a good one!! Your story made me chuckle...I'm originally from the San Fernando Valley, and I know about freeway tie ups all too well....for many, many, many years I drove the LA freeways, and I don't miss it at all!! Joe, you ARE nuttier than a fruitcake!! LOL

BarbaraSue 04-06-2012 10:14 AM

Lucky you! And she's so pretty. And, you get first dibs at adopting all her sisters. Great news for you. WoooHooo :D

hershery 04-07-2012 11:31 AM

Love your machine she is sure pretty.