Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Alden SUZ-2 Super Zig-Zag is home (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/alden-suz-2-super-zig-zag-home-t184975.html)

Rumbols 04-05-2012 12:42 PM

Congrats. Nice machine. Love the little drawer under the casing. Fantastic attachments. You are so lucky.

J Miller 04-05-2012 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Rumbols (Post 5119061)
Congrats. Nice machine. Love the little drawer under the casing. Fantastic attachments. You are so lucky.

Rumbols,
I'm beginning to agree with you. After cleaning, oiling (a lot) and greasing, this machine is settling in and running quite nice. My wife has been putting decorative patterns around the pockets of jeans she's making shopping bags out of. For a machine to sit there and do patterns through 3 and 4 layers of jeans denim is unusual. Our MW 7 Jewel will not do it. It will do light duty things, but not jeans pockets.
It's also quieted down a lot since we've been running it too. I'm pretty sure the oil is getting into all the places it needs to be.

.................................................. ......................................

Caroline,
I posted on your Universal thread.

Joe

Rose_P 04-05-2012 04:04 PM

Ooh -aah! I want one just like it. It reminds me of a 2-tone 1952 Chevy that my friend's mom drove - a real cream puff!

AngieS 04-05-2012 04:15 PM

That is one sweet looking machine!!

irishrose 04-05-2012 04:18 PM

Joe, will you post a picture of one of the bags. I need ideas for our church bazaar. My Elna will do anything I ask and I bet the Universal will, too.

GEMRM 04-05-2012 05:39 PM

Sure is a neat machine. Looking forward to seeing the felt display of it's specialty stitches.

J Miller 04-05-2012 07:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by irishrose (Post 5119578)
Joe, will you post a picture of one of the bags. I need ideas for our church bazaar. My Elna will do anything I ask and I bet the Universal will, too.

Sure, here it is:
JOe

J Miller 04-05-2012 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by GEMRM (Post 5119805)
Sure is a neat machine. Looking forward to seeing the felt display of it's specialty stitches.

The machine has pretty much settled in. It's quieted down and is running pretty good. I should have the felt done tomorrow or Saturday.

Joe

grayhare 04-06-2012 07:23 PM

Joe, that is a really cool machine!! very nice looking. When I saw the picture of your Alden it reminded me of my dad's old Falcon, he still has it.

J Miller 04-07-2012 01:53 PM

I just ordered an electronic foot controller from Sew-Classic for the Alden. I've been working on the felt with all the decorative stitches and can't do more than a half dozen at a time before the foot controller that's on it is too hot to keep my toes on the pedal. The motor is only a 0.8 amp motor so the controller Sew-Classic sells will work fine.

I'll have the pattern chart done tonight for sure.

Joe