Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   THIS is AMAZING (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/amazing-t245245.html)

miriam 04-16-2014 05:04 PM

Mine is so worn out looking...... wowzer.

liking quilting 04-16-2014 05:45 PM

Ohhhh, what a beauty. Congratulations!

amcatanzaro 04-16-2014 05:49 PM

I don't think I have seen one that nice. Good score!

Rodney 04-16-2014 06:09 PM

Wow! That one is a beauty. Sorry, firsst thing I did was look for the black plastic feed dog knob the reproductions have. I'm happy to see it's not there.
Rodney

Jeanette Frantz 04-16-2014 07:51 PM

She's beautiful beyond description. My goodness, I would love to know the history of some of these old machines, who owned them, and where the families of these owners are today and what they are doing with their lives.

Jeanette

frudemoo 04-16-2014 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by SteveH (Post 6678039)
Ok, So I am REALLY not a fan of this pattern, but I'd make room in my collection for that amazing machine! Well done!

You have quite a history of care to live up to... I am sure it will be at least as well cared for and far more appropriately, used!!

... I'm hoping to use it Steve, but I have to confess that after today's attempt at cleaning up the metal parts, I might be too scared! It's super shiny but I'm not convinced there's any shellac still protecting the decals. I've never had a machine where I needed to worry about it before so I'm a bit stressed out about that. I wanted to remove the rust blooming on the corroded parts before I put it away until after I move. This one deserves some extra care and patience to get back to working order :)

... and I'm glad you like it! It's almost too gaudy with all the gold intact, so I know what you mean, but it really is incredible to see it like when it was new!

Originally Posted by Rodney (Post 6678970)
Wow! That one is a beauty. Sorry, firsst thing I did was look for the black plastic feed dog knob the reproductions have. I'm happy to see it's not there.
Rodney

Don't blame you Rodney!

Originally Posted by Jeanette Frantz (Post 6679100)
She's beautiful beyond description. My goodness, I would love to know the history of some of these old machines, who owned them, and where the families of these owners are today and what they are doing with their lives.

Jeanette

I was very pleased to find out even a little something about the owners. I've had a run of getting machines and finding out absolutely nothing, so it was a nice change :)

TacoMama 04-17-2014 08:08 AM

Beautiful machine! Glad you got it!

purplefiend 04-17-2014 12:50 PM

The decals are just stunning!! Thank you for sharing a picture of your machine.
Is it a hand crank or a treadle?
Sharon

MFord 04-17-2014 05:58 PM

I saw one of these in much worse condition recently on shop goodwill, I think. Your's is so much more beautiful! I'd be afraid to touch it at all - maybe it belongs in a museum!

Margaret

frudemoo 04-18-2014 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by purplefiend (Post 6680248)
The decals are just stunning!! Thank you for sharing a picture of your machine.
Is it a hand crank or a treadle?
Sharon

It has a hand crank on it Sharon but the decorations on the crank are for a lotus machine. So maybe I need to see if there's anyone out there with a sphynx hand crank on their Lotus that wants to swap ;)