Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Another trip to the dentist happy dance. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/another-trip-dentist-happy-dance-t247532.html)

Sunflowerzz 05-28-2014 02:33 PM

Another trip to the dentist happy dance.

5 Attachment(s)
Today was HUGE!!!
I found a machine in a cabinet that had last chance written on it for $24.95 Made me wonder how many people passed this lovely girl by? Nice cabinet so I wondered if anything was inside. Yesiree, A beautiful Necchi Supernova. It was senior day so I paid even less!

Here are some pics of what I got today for my $22.00. Doing the happy dance. Even hubby was thrilled. I had to take all of the drawers and the machine out to lift it out of the truck. The cabinet is also a Necchi product.

I am trying to figure out what made the marks on the table top. Liliputian Martian flying saucer pads maybe?

sewready 05-28-2014 02:39 PM

What a great find! I am doing the "happy dance" for you.

Macybaby 05-28-2014 02:45 PM

I have one like that (top, that is) and it's the footprint from a Serger. Seems those rubber feet really did a number on some of the finishes used.

BTW - you make me wish I could go to your dentist - I'd give up a few teeth to get a machine like that LOL!!

foufymaus 05-28-2014 02:47 PM

*claps* Ooo!! *squee* pretty pretty! that's an awesome deal on the machine!! *does happy dance*

Mdaniels 05-28-2014 02:48 PM

That's a beautiful machine--great find!

Sunflowerzz 05-28-2014 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by sewready (Post 6735163)
What a great find! I am doing the "happy dance" for you.

Awww, thanks. I really feel blessed because my favorite machine here at home is a Supernova I got last year but that one cost a bunch more!

Originally Posted by Macybaby (Post 6735166)
I have one like that (top, that is) and it's the footprint from a Serger. Seems those rubber feet really did a number on some of the finishes used.

BTW - you make me wish I could go to your dentist - I'd give up a few teeth to get a machine like that LOL!!

Well maybe the ones you don't use that much..hehe, A serger makes perfect sense on the circles so hopefully the Supernova was used by someone that sewed/serged a lot and it is in good repair. Maybe I will put my serger there.

Originally Posted by foufymaus (Post 6735169)
*claps* Ooo!! *squee* pretty pretty! that's an awesome deal on the machine!! *does happy dance*

You are too cute! Thank you for celebrating with me.

Originally Posted by Mdaniels (Post 6735171)
That's a beautiful machine--great find!

Thank you so much. It seems like sometimes we just trip over them!!!

I am going to go take a Tylenol now my gums are hurting.:(

Mrs. SewNSew 05-29-2014 05:54 AM

Whooo Hoo! Congratulations! I am hoping to find a Necchi Supernova someday too. I have heard wonderful things about them! The cabinet looks nice too. Great find!

Mrs. SewNSew 05-29-2014 05:56 AM

Whooo Hoo! Congratulations! I am hoping to find a Necchi Supernova someday too. I have heard wonderful things about them! The cabinet looks nice too. Great find!

*I see you're in northern Cali. :wave: Me too!

Sunflowerzz 05-29-2014 08:48 AM

Christy, We have had to redo the motors, they are two speed motors so are more work but they are worth it. Other than that they are fantastic machines. My Supernova is the Queen Bee around here and her stitch cams are DA BOMB!!!! Lucky you to live in Mendocino county. I would love to have a old barn on some acreage in the foothills overlooking the ocean! I can smell the salt air now.

Mrs. SewNSew 05-29-2014 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Sunflowerzz (Post 6736100)
Christy, We have had to redo the motors, they are two speed motors so are more work but they are worth it. Other than that they are fantastic machines. My Supernova is the Queen Bee around here and her stitch cams are DA BOMB!!!! Lucky you to live in Mendocino county. I would love to have a old barn on some acreage in the foothills overlooking the ocean! I can smell the salt air now.

Then my home is soo NOT what you are thinking lol! Mendocino County, but not on the Mendocino coast. I'm in Ukiah. Think more pear trees, grapes and warm weather. Are you over Sacramento way?