Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Anybody sew on a two spool? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/anybody-sew-two-spool-t304050.html)

themadpatter 08-20-2019 11:47 PM

Holy moly Leon that National looks like it has a huge harp space! What are the measurements on that baby?

[email protected] 09-01-2019 09:04 AM

On my "new to me" 2 spool - I'm having trouble keeping the bobbin area cover to stay in place. Is there a trick to inserting it?

Onebyone 09-01-2019 10:20 AM

My friend was given one that uses a spool of thread in the bobbin and she sent me pictures of it. It looks like it has never been used. The decals are pristine. She helped a friend clean out her grandmother's house and the machine was in the attic sewing room. She is trying to find a museum or old estate house to take it. She said MSQC seems interested for the new sewing museum opening there.

leonf 09-03-2019 11:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Or might try the VSM Muserum in Tulsa. W.K. Binger runs it on Peoria St.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616998[/ATTACH]

leonf 09-03-2019 11:20 AM

Harp space isn't huge. About the size of other full sized machine. I'll take a glance at the slide.

leonf 09-03-2019 12:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
No particular challenge on the slide.[ATTACH=CONFIG]617008[/ATTACH]

OurWorkbench 09-03-2019 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 8296468)
On my "new to me" 2 spool - I'm having trouble keeping the bobbin area cover to stay in place. Is there a trick to inserting it?

Welcome, Mary.

I don't have a "2 spool" but have seen an Eldredge manual. I think that I have a Montgomery Wards machine that has a similar "bobbin cover." I think that it lifts up and pivots from front to back. It has a spring loaded something like nut and bolt so that it can lift up and swivel out. Perhaps yours is missing or the spring is sprung?

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.

tltbirds 10-18-2021 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 8296468)

The bobbin cover slides in groves like a vibrating shuttle front and rear sliding plates. The Two Spool plate slides left to right.

raspeary 11-17-2021 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by themadpatter (Post 8237032)
The idea of having a spool instead of a bobbin just fascinates me. I mean, its soooo logical!! So I want to hear about your experience of sewing on one, please.

Spoiler

raspeary 11-17-2021 04:39 PM

I just obtained a Eldredge Two Spool treadle over this past summer. I finally took it in to the Amish repair shop to get checked out as i couldnt get the machine to sew correctly. The owner wanted to buy it from me. I cant wait to get it back. I would post a pic of mine but I can’t figure out how.