Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Anyone collect TOY vintage/antique sewing machines? Please Share! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/anyone-collect-toy-vintage-antique-sewing-machines-please-share-t225552.html)

Kittywolf13 07-10-2013 04:43 PM

Anyone collect TOY vintage/antique sewing machines? Please Share!

I never paid them much mind, but enjoy looking at them in the antique shops... but then i saw one that looked like a minature "rockateer" and thought it was so adorable, and since it was plastic and not as old as the rest, was extremely affordable. So it came home with me. I havent gotten a pic of it yet, (bad me). This particular one doesnt even sew, but is a hand crank and has a blade and was meant for cutting paper dolls! it looks like this one:

http://thumbs1.picclick.com/d/w500/p...ng-machine.jpg

but i was very smitten with the idea of having tiny replica's of existing machines... since you know, i dont really have tons of room to house the real deal... maybe i can have minature replicas of them! :p so anyone else collect? i'd love to see pics!

pocoellie 07-10-2013 05:50 PM

I don't collect them, but that's sure a cutie. Congratulations

manicmike 07-10-2013 08:17 PM

I don't collect them either but I know they tend to be worth more than 'real' machines these days. My GF used to have a collectables stall and toys were always worth more than practical things, due to the sentimentality factor: You'd always hear things like "Oh, I used to have that" there. Toys remind us of the good times of being a kid, so folks tend to value them more than more functional items. A great investment.
My hypothesis anyway :)

chance 07-12-2013 04:30 AM

I collect these adorable toy and miniature machines. I have about 40 right now. I paid from $12.00 up to several hundred (plus shipping). I love to restore them and get them up and running. They ALL sew - a really nice chain stitch. (I do have one that sews a regular lock-stitch). Beware - this can become extremely addictive. I find I am always smiling when I pass one of these (all are on display somewhere in my home so I can enjoy them).

Mornigstar 07-12-2013 06:09 AM

I have 3 --a Singer 20 I think it's called but no clamp --just sits on the kittchen counter for me to play with when I get put on hold on phone. Other is Singer Touch & Sew in bright vinyl covered box case with an extra funny little bobbin. Then last christmas hubby gave me a plastic Singer replica I believe of the new singer anniversay model but it really doesn't sew well but I didn't want to hurt his feelings ---can not put pics because they are in my winter place and I am north in Canada. My brother had a big thick book showing hundreds of these little machines around the world. Germany made many and very intricate too. He found the first one I got but I too don't have room and not as much interest but who knows if I see one . It's like " I see food, I eat " only for sewing machines of all kinds. I even considered selling these little ones.

quiltjoey 07-12-2013 07:14 PM

3 Attachment(s)
The Rocketeer is so cool! I have one child' sewing machine. Not very old though. I love them and hope to find more as I go along... here's a few pics... it has a cute little case it goes in with a little table the case makes...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]423638[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]423639[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]423640[/ATTACH]

ppquilter 07-13-2013 10:36 AM

I have around 50 little machines and there is an album of them on my profile here. Love collecting the big and little older machines! VERY addicting! BEWARE!

patchsamkim 07-13-2013 11:09 AM

I have several...my favorite is the Betsy Ross machine...was my mom's. I have been thinking of saving only my favorites, and selling the rest, as I will be moving and downsizing...so hard though to make that kind of decisions...which to keep, which to let go of....I really do like them all...but going from a 4 bedroom house to a (hopefully) 2 bedroom townhouse/condo means I can't keep everything.

brunswickgirl 07-15-2013 01:19 PM

I am just getting into the "toys". They are just so cute. What you have is adorable. Have fun with it.

SteveH 07-15-2013 02:15 PM

3 Attachment(s)
here is my Hamilton Ross (Sew-Rite)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]424129[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]424130[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]424131[/ATTACH]