Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Bag of surprise feet and goodies (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/bag-surprise-feet-goodies-t255642.html)

Candace 10-21-2014 12:20 PM

Bag of surprise feet and goodies

2 Attachment(s)
I bought a bag of sewing stuff and found lots of great things. There were a lot of Bernina parts including 5 Bernina bobbin cases, 4 Bernina feed dogs, misc. Bernina sewing tools and a variety of feet. Included are pics below. I was surprised to find a few Singer feet that are rather hard to come by. Unfortunately the pretty rare guage foot only has the one gauge in it and the other ruler pieces are missing:< And the quilting foot is missing it's bar. It's still useable, but without that bar a metal paper clip would have to be MacGivered in somehow. The Greist feet are interesting, though not useable to me.

Goody bags=a good thing:>

Macybaby 10-21-2014 12:59 PM

That's a very nice find! I've got a gauge foot with a couple of gauges - yours has the "toe". I'm still looking for a blind braider foot, don't want it enough yet to pay eBay prices for it.

I've got a large lot of sewing parts/attachments coming in the mail. Not sure what I'll end up with, but I saw two hemstitchers in the group - and that is what I was after. Hopefully I'll find some other interesting items, since it's a total of 24 lbs . . . don't expect to find any Singer items with this group though.

Rodney 10-21-2014 01:18 PM

Nice gets! Looks like the hemmer feet are missing the adapter. Keep your eyes open, one is bound to turn up.
Rodney

Candace 10-21-2014 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Rodney (Post 6938042)
Nice gets! Looks like the hemmer feet are missing the adapter. Keep your eyes open, one is bound to turn up.
Rodney

I may have it in the bag somewhere, though it doesn't really matter to me. I was very happy to see the blind braider foot!

J Miller 10-21-2014 03:02 PM

Candace,

The hemmers are two different types the one with the squared slot is the later version with the screw type adapter, the others are for the pinch type adapter.

I've got one of the gauge feet too, but mine has only the 3/4" gauge. I keep looking for the other gauges, but so far no luck.

Joe

Candace 10-21-2014 04:39 PM

Joe, I suspect those gauges go into the trash when people see them. I would bet people have no idea what they're doing in grandma's stuff(especially if they're separated from the foot).

J Miller 10-21-2014 07:05 PM

Candace,

I suspect you're right.

Joe

Macybaby 10-22-2014 04:17 AM

That's one reason I really look over misc lots of Sewing "parts" I even found the missing screw and slide for a Peerless buttonholer with a bunch of "parts" from a Singer 27. Nothing else of the buttonholer was there though.

And I've also learned to check out a seller's other listings for missing parts. Sellers often sort things into smaller groups to sell, and have no clue what goes with what.