Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Is this Canadian Kenmore a clone machine? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/canadian-kenmore-clone-machine-t247609.html)

kantuckee 05-30-2014 05:10 AM

Is this Canadian Kenmore a clone machine?

A friend just was gifted a Canadian Kenmore. It is a C877-781. They can find no manuals or any information on it. Does anyone know the clone equivalent to this machine? She wants a manual and any information for her Canadian Beauty.

Thanks

J Miller 05-30-2014 07:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
That doesn't look like a Kenmore model number. A Sears model number looks like this 158-15000. The first three digits are the manufacture code. Then the last numbers are the model series and variations.

Tell her to look under the bottom of the machine for a plaque the model info on it.

This is a Kenmore clone:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]477337[/ATTACH]

Pictures of her machine would help with the ID a lot.

Joe

kantuckee 05-30-2014 01:22 PM

As I said it is a Canadian machine with it's own model number (C877-781). It is a Clone from the states (a different model number) I just was trying to find out if anyone knew which it was cloned from. There is no picture yet.

mlmack 05-30-2014 05:46 PM

If the picture of the C877-781 I found is accurate, it sort of looks like a Kenmore 158.13360

amcatanzaro 05-31-2014 04:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I found this picture. Is this it?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]477390[/ATTACH]

Vridar 05-31-2014 05:01 AM

Without a picture and using PatternReview sources, I'm guessing it's a Morse-type machine produced by Toyota. Or, maybe Brother😉.

J Miller 05-31-2014 06:24 AM

AND ..... if the machine resembles the one amkatanzaro posted the pic of, it is not a clone, no matter where it was or was not made.

Now I'll butt out since my presence on this thread is not welcomed.

Joe

mlmack 05-31-2014 06:31 AM

I'm guessing that the OP was wondering what the same machine was designated as in the USA, and not whether the machine was a 15-clone, though without pictures, it is all speculation.

oldtnquiltinglady 05-31-2014 07:47 AM

This must have been the Kenmore sewing machines' week of glory. My family and I have just gotten home from a big family reunion celebration in LA (I live in TN) and one of my cousins gifted me with a "Commodore" that I think might be a Kenmore 'clone' since there are some Kenmore type numbers in the little identification tag that says "Simpson Sears" or something to that effect. I don't have the machine here in front of me right now, so I might have some of my info twisted.....Anyway, I'll be posting and bragging (I think) as soon as I can get someone here to help me with it (it weighs six tons), I have gotten it to sew and made a couple of little D4 squares with it just foolin' with it in our hotel room on the way back home. It is the quietest vintage machine I have ever run across. I could sew on it with DH in the room watching the ball game at the same time.

ArchaicArcane 05-31-2014 11:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I thought I recognized that model number. Yes, I've had one of those here. What did you want to know about it?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]477502[/ATTACH]

I have heard that the C877 machines might have been Juki or White or Babylock. All three manufacturer names came from OSMGs, but different ones.

I also like the C877.15 - it looks like a clone to me (it's probably the one Joe Posted, it looks identical ) and there's the C877.60. It looks like a 50s car to me.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]477501[/ATTACH]