Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Colorado get-together? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/colorado-get-together-t270703.html)

SteveH 10-16-2015 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Macybaby (Post 7347152)
It would be neat if you held this after the Row by Row starts - then I'd have a lot of fun visiting all the quilt shops on the route!

and maybe pick up that library cabinet in Colo.....

Macybaby 10-16-2015 03:03 PM

Oh- someone would need to pick it up now and store it for me LOL!!

And maybe if someone for CA shows up, I could bring a Singer 12 too ...

SteveH 10-16-2015 04:01 PM

For the June 3rd one, you betcha!!!

iadhikari 10-20-2015 06:23 AM

Okay, everyone -- how about this Saturday, Oct. 24th, for a quick get-to-know-each-other at the Starbucks off I-25 and state 52 in Longmont/Frederick? Sewing machines optional! I might bring my 1934 Featherweight in the hopes that someone (Janey or Mr. Janey?) can diagnose the cause of its odd sound, but mostly I just want to meet you all! We vintage sewing machine addicts need company.
I'm sorry it took so long for me to try to pick a place and day. Work has been crazy, as always. I thought that area might be a good halfway point for those of us in Denver and Fort Collins.
How about 11 a.m.?
It's all flexible, so chime in if the day or time isn't great for you.
Ila :)

Quilty-Louise 10-20-2015 08:39 AM

Sadly I will not be able to attend, have to take my car
up to my brother (in Thornton) for some brake repairs again).

Originally Posted by iadhikari (Post 7350479)
Okay, everyone -- how about this Saturday, Oct. 24th, for a quick get-to-know-each-other at the Starbucks off I-25 and state 52 in Longmont/Frederick? Sewing machines optional! I might bring my 1934 Featherweight in the hopes that someone (Janey or Mr. Janey?) can diagnose the cause of its odd sound, but mostly I just want to meet you all! We vintage sewing machine addicts need company.
I'm sorry it took so long for me to try to pick a place and day. Work has been crazy, as always. I thought that area might be a good halfway point for those of us in Denver and Fort Collins.
How about 11 a.m.?

OurWorkbench 10-21-2015 03:29 AM

Okay, everyone -- how about this Saturday, Oct. 24th, for a quick get-to-know-each-other at the Starbucks off I-25 and state 52 in Longmont/Frederick? ... I thought that area might be a good halfway point for those of us in Denver and Fort Collins.
How about 11 a.m.?

Sounds good. Have you been there before?

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.

iadhikari 10-21-2015 06:17 AM

Hi Janey and John,
I haven't been to that particular Starbucks before, but I checked the street view on Google Maps and it's a standalone store, not a little section in a Starbucks, so I thought that would work. It's right off the freeway, too.
Ila

OurWorkbench 10-21-2015 06:45 AM

Okay, everyone -- how about this Saturday, Oct. 24th, for a quick get-to-know-each-other at the Starbucks off I-25 and state 52 in Longmont/Frederick? ... might be a good halfway point for those of us in Denver and Fort Collins.
How about 11 a.m.?

Surely there are more than a few of us in the front range that have posted in this forum. Hopefully, more will respond and let "us" know that they will be coming or comment/suggestion about getting together at a later date/place, if not this time.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.

Gray fox 10-21-2015 08:33 AM

If other plans don't change, I will be there! Possibly with a Guhl & Harbeck chain stitch, which may or may not be sewing.

Dianne in Colorado

Gray fox 10-22-2015 02:15 PM

Good news! Two of my sewing machine friends will also be able to come, Christine and Susan. We've gotten together on several occasions to sew with our old machines. We're really looking forward to this gathering.

Dianne