Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Confession: 1907 Singer 27 with pheasants and parlor cabinet (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/confession-1907-singer-27-pheasants-parlor-cabinet-t256963.html)

Champanier 11-17-2014 04:41 PM

Confession: 1907 Singer 27 with pheasants and parlor cabinet

9 Attachment(s)
Well, I know I posted recently that I was not going to buy any more sewing machines for a while.

I completely lied. I had good intentions. Really. But the universe keeps putting these opportunities on CL...

I HAD to get the 206 today after you all encouraged me. But I hadn't mentioned that last Thursday, I also had a little no-buying slip. It was a Singer 27 with pheasants and such a pretty parlor cabinet...what could I do?

I've been waiting for sunshine so I could take decent photos, but we've just had clouds and I couldn't wait any longer to share.

I haven't started to clean it yet, but it's been in one family and has been well cared for and it was just so beautiful that I couldn't resist. I moved furniture around so it could fit in the living room.

The decals are gone or damaged in the center - it was definitely used. The spring on the tension is twisted out of shape - I don't know if I can fix that or find a replacement. There's a little decorative knob on the bottom trim that's gone, but I wonder if I could get dowels, shape them with a Dremel and stain to match the others (or just let it go). I think it's so beautiful - I don't mind the cosmetic wear - it came by it honestly.

There's a brass button on the trim that releases the machine so it just floats up out of the cabinet with very little effort. (Wish the two-ton 201s had that!) The top drawer has insert spots for the attachments. It had some, but not all of them - missing the screwdrivers and maybe more. There's another insert for a drawer that may be incomplete - looks kind of like a little box with handles. Does anybody know what it is? (Now that I look at the pictures, it has green that probably came from the insert piece in the top drawer. There must be more to it - maybe that's where the ruffler and hemmer go.)

Everything moves smoothly when I turn the wheel. It has one shuttle and came with three more bobbins. I think I may have another shuttle and a bobbin or two that would fit. The bobbin winder moves when I engage it and turn the wheel.

Inner happy dance!

And now I mean it. NO more sewing machines!

Really.

None.

Well, okay, unless there was a Grover and Baker like the one SteveH found showed up for a really reasonable price...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]499273[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]499274[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]499275[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]499276[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]499277[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]499278[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]499279[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]499281[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]499282[/ATTACH]

Macybaby 11-17-2014 05:02 PM

I was doing fine until I saw the picture with the drawer with the insert -then my eyes turned green.

Champanier 11-17-2014 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Macybaby (Post 6973394)
I was doing fine until I saw the picture with the drawer with the insert -then my eyes turned green.

I need to figure out what some of those attachments are for! The two flat ones on the lower right are a mystery to me.

Barb in Louisiana 11-17-2014 09:27 PM

If I had more room in my house, I would have more machines. I love the old ones. The older the better. Good thing we don't live close to each other, because I am a good enabler and I don't think you need one. I would have bought it too!

quiltingcandy 11-17-2014 09:40 PM

That is so beautiful!

manicmike 11-17-2014 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Champanier (Post 6973360)
Well, I know I posted recently that I was not going to buy any more sewing machines for a while.

That's silly. How many of us wouldn't have bought that 27? The decals are so beautiful we'd have to be sick not to make an exception. If you're really short of space, sell something less beautiful or unique :thumbup:

WRT your 206, I'll have a look at mine and see if the bobbin case can be modified like the 319/320 one. Not that you want to (some don't), but I like to be able to use 15x1 needles in mine because of the wealth of sizes and tips available for the 15x1 as well as twin needles. If I remember correctly the 206 case isn't exactly the same as the others.

Jeanette Frantz 11-17-2014 11:20 PM

Linda, I would have bought that one, too! That's a beautiful machine and the cabinet is gorgeous! Congrats! Enjoy!
Jeanette

redmadder 11-18-2014 02:10 AM

Well, I hope to shout! There would have been no hesitation possible if I had seen it first. Keep swearing no more ever, that attitude attracts them. Congratulation, beautiful machine.

Macybaby 11-18-2014 05:56 AM

Those two flat ones are the shirr plate that works with the ruffler and the underbraider. I have that complete set, both for side clamp and 66-1 back clamp. I'm drooling over the molded insert.

Blackberry 11-18-2014 06:34 AM

I have also made the decision not to purchase any more machines, but I don't stick to my decision very well and if I had seen this beautiful machine, I would have immediately purchased it putting all decision making to the wind. That is one beautiful machine and I just adore that cabinet. I am looking around for a parlor cabinet myself.