Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Craigslist Score-Featherweight for $50! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/craigslist-score-featherweight-%2450-t182306.html)

imnywoman 03-11-2012 06:40 AM

Congrats on the feedsack find, that's awesome. I'd love to score some feedsacks someday. Crazy getting that excited but I know exactly how you feel 'cause I felt the same way; well actually I felt like a thief!

harrishs 03-11-2012 02:27 PM

Yay, you!!!!

brushandthimble 03-11-2012 05:11 PM

Congradulations!!

Nanamoms 03-12-2012 06:23 AM

WOW, what a score!! I would have had to meet the seller that night...I couldn't have sleep until that machine was mine! HeHe

imnywoman 03-12-2012 08:33 AM

Nanamoms....I didn't sleep, haha, what a night! When she called me the next morning to see if I was still going to meet her, I thought she was calling to say she had a better offer!!

danece 03-12-2012 12:39 PM

Awesome deal, you are a very wise person to grab her at that price, you can always go on ebay for attachements

quilter1942 03-12-2012 01:00 PM

I found a FW at a yard sale for $5.00.I was shaking when I paid for it and the lady asked me if I had Bell`s Palsy or something.I said something and left before she changed her mind.All it needed was some TLC including cleaning up and oiling.She runs like a dream.Before that the first one I got was at an estate sale for $25.00 and they asked if that was too much.I said no that was fine and then they gave me an Olfa 24 x 36 cutting mat.

Lucky Patsy's 03-12-2012 01:00 PM

Nancy Johnson-Srebro in her book, Featherweight 221, The Perfect Portable, states that the 221-1 probably indicated an improved model of the Featherweight. She thinks that Singer began using that number when they switched to a more accessible rotary hook from the "early style" whose bobbin case could not be removed unless you took the hook off the shaft and disassembled it.

Snooks 03-12-2012 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by imnywoman (Post 5047543)
I am so excited, I just can't believe my luck. I am always checking CL and Goodwill for bargains. Just as I was ready to shut down my computer and go to bed, I decided to do a quick check on CL to see any additional listings, since it was after midnight. Imagine my shock when I saw the Singer 221 listed for $50 or best offer!! I fired off an email saying I'd take it for $50 and a few minutes later got a call from the seller. Arranged to meet her the next morning before work (before bigger offers started coming her way-though she said someone called her at 5am))and now she's mine. Case is rough, FP needs rewiring but she's is great condition and has the bobbin case. No attachements, but that's okay, I'll shop. Runs smoothly. Have to date her but the lady said she is from the '40's. I'll post a pic when I learn how to resize. Yay me!

Welcome!!!! To the FW club.

nstitches4u 03-12-2012 03:56 PM

What a score! Congratulations!