Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Cute little Pink one at thrift store (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/cute-little-pink-one-thrift-store-t259344.html)

Wanabee Quiltin 01-07-2015 06:08 PM

Cute little Pink one at thrift store

4 Attachment(s)
DH and I were out looking in our favorite thrift store. They have sewing machines quite often and usually very cheap. The cabinet was a little scruffy on top but the machine is cute. I looked at the bobbin case and it was still there, I have heard that people steal them. There was a box with some attachments and a generic instruction booklet. The foot pedal was attached to the inside very secure. The front had beautiful scroll work, I do wish I had taken a better picture, overall I would give this machine a very high rating for looks. I have no clue why they have the tape and rubber band on it, I didn't see anything cracked. The band aid was used as a seam guide, I think. It was not frozen as far as moving the needle up and down, I didn't plug it in or anything. With my DH's military discount, I could have bought it for under $10 including the tax. I have decided to love these machines from afar, I have way too many now. Wondering, Joe, if you have this machine on your list of names, I have never heard of it.

barny 01-07-2015 06:14 PM

I have a nice looking Nelco, but it needs a tensioner. That pink one is pretty. They sew good, but I can't use mine until I find the tensioner.

Rodney 01-07-2015 06:18 PM

For the money I would have bought it. My daughter would have claimed it instantly. Pink machines are an easy sell from what I've seen.
Rodney

Macybaby 01-07-2015 07:23 PM

Oh man, you sure let a nice one get away! I'd have brought it home with me, and then figured out what to do with it!

I'm in serious need of a Pink machine or two.

Big sigh . . .

Alawai 01-07-2015 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Macybaby (Post 7038222)

I'm in serious need of a Pink machine or two.

LOL! How can you not love that phrase!

MFord 01-07-2015 07:44 PM

I just vowed today not to buy any more, but I would've picked that one up in less than a heartbeat! Too bad I'm in Washington State.

NJ Quilter 01-07-2015 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Alawai (Post 7038248)
LOL! How can you not love that phrase!

Unless you change two to three!

sews 01-07-2015 08:10 PM

>>>>>> Of course it made some else really Really HAPPY !!

Wanabee Quiltin 01-08-2015 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by Rodney (Post 7038131)
For the money I would have bought it. My daughter would have claimed it instantly. Pink machines are an easy sell from what I've seen.
Rodney

I was talking to a woman in early December and she said that there were over 600 sewing machines for sale on CL in our St. Louis region. Way too many to sell, but I am now rethinking this machine, just because it's a pretty pink.

psychonurse 01-08-2015 04:59 AM

Please go get it, its beautiful