Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Do we have a 15 clone Doctor in the house? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/do-we-have-15-clone-doctor-house-t236147.html)

J Miller 12-07-2013 06:06 AM

Jeanette,

Thanks. All help appreciated. I "think" this is the only problem with this machine so once adjusted it should be good to go.

Joe

Macybaby 12-07-2013 06:12 AM

Joe - my husband says that is a nice looking machine!

He was working on the 237 yesterday, and had to call me upstairs to show me how the shuttle part moves forward and back along with the zigzag. So now we've got another " I'm not going to part with this one" machines of his.

J Miller 12-07-2013 06:22 AM

Cathy,

Us guys do seem to get attached to these little ladies, don't we ... :D .

Joe

Macybaby 12-07-2013 09:41 AM

These are the kind of "ladies" that I don't mind my husband getting attached to. Though only folks in cattle company laugh when I talk about him "servicing" those ladies!

Cathy

J Miller 12-07-2013 12:53 PM

That's funny ..... :D LOL .

Joe

Jeanette Frantz 12-07-2013 07:43 PM

Joe,

This is Phillip. I believe that the front shaft that moves the feed dogs up and down is adjusted too high. The adjustment screw is to the left of the cotter key. Try to loosen that screw and level up the feed dogs with the needle plate off.

Also check for any excessive side play from any of the driving arms from the stitch regulator.

Let me know if that solves your knocking problem.

73, (Best Regards)

KF4QIC

miriam 12-08-2013 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by Jeanette Frantz (Post 6444800)
Joe,

This is Phillip. I believe that the front shaft that moves the feed dogs up and down is adjusted too high. The adjustment screw is to the left of the cotter key. Try to loosen that screw and level up the feed dogs with the needle plate off.

Also check for any excessive side play from any of the driving arms from the stitch regulator.

73, (Best Regards)

KF4QIC

Phillip, some of us need a picture...

Macybaby 12-08-2013 03:05 AM

Hi Phillip!!!

Steve's been trying out some of the ideas you gave him - with the slow running 15-91. I think it made a nice improvement.

J Miller 12-08-2013 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Jeanette Frantz (Post 6444800)
Joe,

73, (Best Regards)

KF4QIC

Phillip,

I was looking at the machine yesterday and while I was working with I had the needle plate on the machine w/o the screws. Every time the dogs would come up they would almost knock the plate out of it's mortise. So I came to that same conclusion. I haven't done any adjusting yet as my tools were upstairs while I was checking out a foot controller.

I haven't found any side to side play. But I'll look again.

Joe