Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Does anyone know anything about this old machine? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/does-anyone-know-anything-about-old-machine-t136503.html)

blueangel 07-10-2011 07:06 AM

It's a beautiful machine.

cabbagepatchkid 07-13-2011 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by quilt addict
I am not sure of the model number, may be a 15 but will have to wait for the experts.

The decal pattern is called Tiffany or Gingerbread.

Looks to be in good condition. Congratulations.

I think it's one of the model 15's, also, because the tensioner is on the side rather than the front. I'd buy it just because I don't have anything with those decals (yet:-D) but also because people love the 15's for their free motion quilting abilities. Looks like that one could be a treadle version!

What are they charging? I know that some people don't want to pay much for these machines but I think I would pay up to around $100 for it. There is lots of info, on this model, on the internet so any repairs that it may need could be easily done.

PunkQuilter 07-14-2011 06:25 PM

I'd buy it. The decals are in very good condition.

Mariposa 07-14-2011 06:35 PM

Pretty machine!

JulieR 07-15-2011 03:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by tellabella
I have never seen this design before and this machine is for sale...what would you pay?

Unbelievable - I just came in to ask questions about my new girl and lo and behold, I think it's the same one! I paid $30 for mine, I just could not pass her up.

Have you found out what they are yet?

virtualbernie 07-15-2011 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by JulieR

I have never seen this design before and this machine is for sale...what would you pay?

Unbelievable - I just came in to ask questions about my new girl and lo and behold, I think it's the same one! I paid $30 for mine, I just could not pass her up.

Someone said it was a 66 and someone else said it's a 15. I have both and there a similarities and differences in both to yours. What's the serial number on it? Then you could look it up and find out exactly what it is. I'll post a pic in a minute.

JulieR 07-15-2011 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by virtualbernie

Someone said it was a 66 and someone else said it's a 15. I have both and there a similarities and differences in both to yours. What's the serial number on it? Then you could look it up and find out exactly what it is. I'll post a pic in a minute.

Thanks! It's G1788578, which looks like it's from 1912ish but I can't figure the model.

virtualbernie 07-15-2011 04:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Here they are:

I really curious at what you find out!

15-91 with the Tension knob on the front/head but check out the stitch length button...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]226994[/ATTACH]

66 has the tension knob on the side front but it looks alot like yours
[ATTACH=CONFIG]226995[/ATTACH]

JulieR 07-15-2011 04:56 PM

Here they are:

I really curious at what you find out!

Oh wow, I see what you mean! It looks closer to the 66, but definitely has pieces of both (plus a couple of things that are different still). This is my first vintage Singer so I'm completely lost, thank you for your help!

virtualbernie 07-15-2011 04:57 PM

Thanks! It's G1788578, which looks like it's from 1912ish but I can't figure the model.

Ta Da! It's a Model 15, 50,000 made 1/8/1912!