Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   The Easter Bunny is bringing me a 301A! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/easter-bunny-bringing-me-301a-t182863.html)

JMCDA 03-15-2012 06:02 AM

The Easter Bunny is bringing me a 301A!

LOL!

I tend to search the whole province for vintage machines on our Kijiji and the other day someone put up their whole collection of Singer machines. She had 2 - 301's, a FW, a treadle, and a couple of others. Usually when I see something I want it is in a part of the province that is miles away from me but this lady was in Ottawa where my daughter lives! She and her hubby went last evening and picked up a lovely mocha long bed 301 for me, with a box of accessories and a case that "really stinks Mom" :-)

The 301 was $50.00 which I think is a steal of a deal for a very well maintained machine, she had sold the FW earlier in the day for $200.00....and she told my daughter that the "lady" who bought it turned around as she was leaving the house and said to her that she was going to re-sell it for $800.00!!!!!! HaHaHa....you can try to get that **tch!

Really...the lack of decency of some people! it was an ordinary 221 with a buttonholer and zigzagger and the usual box of stuff.

So...now I have to wait until Easter when we either go up to Ottawa or they come down here but I can scratch one more off my list. The case is in her basement closed up with a bag of charcoal, wadded newspaper and some dryer sheets so it might not be too stinky by the time I get it. My FW doesn't smell at all so not sure what to expect.

Now all I need is a Red eye and a Rocketeer!
ummm - "need" may not be the right word LOL

Cheers!
Joann
I will add some pics after Easter!

crafty pat 03-15-2012 06:10 AM

Looking forward to the photos. You are so lucky, enjoy her.

mighty 03-15-2012 06:39 AM

Congrats, enjoy!!!!

Candace 03-15-2012 07:21 AM

Congrats, you'll love it.

miriam 03-15-2012 10:29 AM

I have 2 redeye machines and a rocketeer... I think what you want is a 403... Much better... the 66 with the reverse is nicer too - neither as pretty though.... I guess I see the kind of beauty that is functional...

Briarberry 03-15-2012 10:30 AM

Congratulations on your find. I live in St. Thomas, ON and I am on the hunt for reasonably priced FW. I have found a 99K and a 185J on Kijiji so I live in hope of finding a FW too. The 99K was only $45 and the 185J was only $15. If I see a 301 I want one of those too. Enjoy your new machine.

Glenda m 03-15-2012 07:20 PM

Yea!!! I love my 301's. All three of them. LOL (1-301 and 2-301A)

Nona 03-16-2012 03:58 AM

My Easter Buddy 301A is on its way...Can't wait. I have become addicted to the vintage machines.I now have 6...If they all didn't sew just great and are easy to maintain I guess I wouldn't like them as much...but I am now officially out of machine space in my sewing room. I have got to stop looking.......

JMCDA 03-16-2012 04:20 AM

I will keep that in mind Miriam, although finding a 403 with all the cams may be difficult...at least in my area! I want a Red Eye 66 actually, the Red Eye design is very uncommon here, I have only ever seen one for sale and it was very close to the US border. Next time we visit our friends in Indy I may have to "steal" one of yours! LOL

...and the Rocketeer just because its so funky!

Joann

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5062695)
I have 2 redeye machines and a rocketeer... I think what you want is a 403... Much better... the 66 with the reverse is nicer too - neither as pretty though.... I guess I see the kind of beauty that is functional...

JMCDA 03-16-2012 04:25 AM

I don't know what you mean by reasonable for a FW...but there is a good looking package in London right now with all the accessories, buttonholer and zigzagger for $250. Considering what the basic machine can go for it isn't a too bad of price.
...they do sometimes go for around a hundred at the auction here, when they have one that is, and there is one at the Antique mall in Stratford for $145 - somewhat worn and no extras.

...I did see one on Kijiji for $45 once - obviously someone didn't know what they had!

Good luck with your search, patience is a virtue when it comes to finding the machines you want!

J

Originally Posted by Briarberry (Post 5062699)
Congratulations on your find. I live in St. Thomas, ON and I am on the hunt for reasonably priced FW. I have found a 99K and a 185J on Kijiji so I live in hope of finding a FW too. The 99K was only $45 and the 185J was only $15. If I see a 301 I want one of those too. Enjoy your new machine.