Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Elna supermatic case/bed extension. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/elna-supermatic-case-bed-extension-t298246.html)

leonf 07-14-2018 06:22 AM

Elna supermatic case/bed extension.

5 Attachment(s)
Jany asked for a picture of my Elan case process for my TSP. Not within reach right now. But I had a supermatic handy. Fun and functional cases even if the look like military. Yes, They are pressed steel.[ATTACH=CONFIG]597827[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]597828[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]597829[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]597830[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]597831[/ATTACH]

TSP comes with a blue case and it fits the TSP. Enjoy.

Mickey2 07-14-2018 12:09 PM

My two tone beige Supermatic is almost the same, but I think the extension bed involves only one side of the case. It doesn't have the hinged bottom like yours, and it comes appart.

Tartan 07-14-2018 12:34 PM

It was neat design and I don't know why other brands didn't copy it.

quiltsRfun 07-14-2018 03:02 PM

The Supermatic is a nice machine but I never use mine because it’s so heavy.

OurWorkbench 07-14-2018 05:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Micky2 I gather your case is like this one I have. [ATTACH=CONFIG]597872[/ATTACH]

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.

Snooze2978 07-15-2018 04:57 AM

My 1st machine was their SU62 in the blue tones. Loved that machine and after all these years I''m still kicking myself for selling it when I got my 1st embroidery machine thinking I didn't need 2 machines. If I knew then what I know now would I have sold it???? Never!!!!

RotaryQueen 07-15-2018 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Snooze2978 (Post 8094368)
after all these years I''m still kicking myself for selling it when I got my 1st embroidery machine thinking I didn't need 2 machines. If I knew then what I know now would I have sold it???? Never!!!!

Oh do I hear ya there!! I got sucked down this rabbit hole because I got rid of my beautiful blue White all metal sewing machine (bought in a maple cabinet at a garage sale in the 80s) when I was moving alot. I thought I could replace it with a cheap, lightweight SM from Walmart and be more efficient. All these machines I have rescued since are to cover the regret of leaving my blue eyed baby at the Goodwill.

Leon, (and others), I have an Elna ZZ in one of these metal cases. It is great except the black knob with the screw that keeps the case locked when closed is missing. Any advice on where to get a replacement and what size? (I don't know what to call it for a Google search, and don't have one of those handy dandy calipers to get the exact screw size)
thanks! Anne

leonf 07-15-2018 11:32 AM

Anne, my cases don't have screw knobs to keep them closed, sorry.

My Supermatics both have drive wheels that need replacing and I have heard no good sources for quality wheels.

found a tiny broken screw on the TSP, hmm.

Janey,, I'll check my e-mail.

leonf 07-15-2018 11:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
intact spring on the SU is labeled with the Red arrow. It is broken on my TSP

[ATTACH=CONFIG]597903[/ATTACH]

Irishrose2 07-15-2018 01:25 PM

I have a Elna 62C (the blue one) that has been in continuous use since 1973. It has done everything from leather belts to silk organza wedding dresses. It does not quilt. I made two quilts on it and purchased a 301. The self adjusting pressure made several things that are involved in quilting difficult.
The stitch width needs to be on 0 and the cam disengaged for a 'regular' zigzag. There are no push/pull controls. My case looks like Janey's, but it's in storage as I have the table with the drop down feature (so you can use the free arm) that fits the machine.
I posted this last night, but it isn't here???????