Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Euro-Pro 416 machines (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/euro-pro-416-machines-t308069.html)

Dougstermd 11-17-2019 09:35 AM

Euro-Pro 416 machines

My wife runs a consignment shop out of our garage. She basically brings peoples junk home and sales it for them. Her customers are usually moving and often downsizing so it’s not always junk.
If I were to bring the stuff home she would call it junk. She refers to her junk as inventory... lol

So today she brought home some more there was a little sewing machine at first glance I thought it was a serger or an embroidery machine because of the thread storage compartment. It was a Euro-Pro 416 sewing machine. It’s a neat little machine I was just curious who has used one and any thoughts about it.

Dougstermd 11-17-2019 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Dougstermd (Post 8328318)
My wife runs a consignment shop out of our garage. She basically brings peoples junk home and sales it for them. Her customers are usually moving and often downsizing so it’s not always junk.
If I were to bring the stuff home she would call it junk. She refers to her junk as inventory... lol

So today she brought home some more there was a little sewing machine at first glance I thought it was a serger or an embroidery machine because of the thread storage compartment. It was a Euro-Pro 416 sewing machine. It’s a neat little machine I was just curious who has used one and any thoughts about it.

Sorry Quiltnan I used all caps on the word inventory in the second paragraph more so to be sarcastic about what my wife calls inventory. Not to shout.

GEMRM 11-17-2019 01:00 PM

I'm not familiar with that machine, however, I am familiar with the different perspectives of what is junk and what is inventory, lol....just ask my husband or me about stuff in the shop - one man's treasure is one wife's trash!!!

Dougstermd 11-17-2019 02:55 PM

My wife doesn’t sew but I attempt to sew from time to time. This is such a cool machine it folds up with a whole sewing kit built into the case has a magnet in the top of the arm to quickly store pins. Everything resembles singer products but with some cool styling

This is not what I consider a vintage machine but this has been the best forum for any thing for sewing machines so much Knowledge and resources that is impossible to find.

Dougstermd 11-17-2019 03:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]619824[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]619824[/ATTACH]

Dougstermd 11-17-2019 06:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]619836[/ATTACH]Not junk

Dougstermd 11-17-2019 06:20 PM

I’m guessing close to 15 yards of fabric or more. I failed on my first quilt. Maybe just a blanket made from this scraps.

JACRN 11-18-2019 06:35 AM

I have a Euro Pro Shark Intelli Sew. I have not used it for sometime but it was an awesome machine when I did. I made many things with it.

Farmhousesewer 11-18-2019 08:53 AM

I like the compartments! This is a basic machine for beginners and definitely not vintage. Do you have a manual? I have a PDF if you would like.

Dougstermd 11-18-2019 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Farmhousesewer (Post 8328861)
I like the compartments! This is a basic machine for beginners and definitely not vintage. Do you have a manual? I have a PDF if you would like.

Yes I have the papers with the machine. I have a singer Walmart machine that I use from time to time. I’m teatering on keeping this machine and letting the singer go.