Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   featherweight questions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/featherweight-questions-t169775.html)

Daylesewblessed 11-26-2011 06:13 PM

april1930s.com shows pictures and gives information on many of the FW attachments.

As far as where the controller/foot pedal fits in the case, my 1951 FW case has a bracket on the inside of the lid for the foot pedal to slide into. I am not sure what year that feature started -- I believe earlier models had a tray on top instead.

Good luck and have fun!

Dayle

MrsBoats 11-27-2011 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by Daylesewblessed (Post 4723732)
april1930s.com shows pictures and gives information on many of the FW attachments.

As far as where the controller/foot pedal fits in the case, my 1951 FW case has a bracket on the inside of the lid for the foot pedal to slide into. I am not sure what year that feature started -- I believe earlier models had a tray on top instead.

Good luck and have fun!

Dayle

I got it sorted. The manual that came with my machine actually belongs to a later pinstriped machine, and it shows the pedal in the case lid. Once I realized the manual and machine didn't match, I hit Ismacs and downloaded the right manual, which shows how the foot pedal fits in the tray.

Thanks for the link. They've got some neat (and expensive!) stuff!

qwltnfool 11-27-2011 10:51 AM

Love my Featherweight(s) but I only use one of them. The other one is a 221K Red "S". Does anyone know anything about these......are they more special other than where they were made? (Scotland? GB?) I'm not sure what the Red S significance is.

cpfrog 11-27-2011 12:02 PM

store foot pedal on FW

Originally Posted by MrsBoats (Post 4722804)
Wow, thanks so much for the info! I bet if I go through my dragon hoard I can come up with most of that.

Do you by any chance have a picture of a 1941ish tray with all the stuff in it? Or, actually, the case? I'm trying to figure out where the foot pedal fits. I can't believe it just rattles around in there, but can't figure out where else it would go.

Great answers and tips above from the others, esp. about lint accumulations and lack of oil.

I store the foot pedal (of my 1947 FW 221) on the "lap" of the machine wrapped in it's cord. It doesn't move. I do need to take off the spool of thread, lower the presser foot, and push down the bobbin-winder in order to lay the tray on top of it all. I have some attachments (not sure of them all) as well as two "screwdrivers" that hook on the inside of the tray; but also have the original booklet (minus the cover) and the receipt that my mother kept!!! $49. Love this little workhorse.

BTW... make sure the bobbin thread comes off the top and towards the left (counterclockwize) when you look towards the inside of the bobbin holder. It makes a difference in stitching; and yes, like "valleyquiltermo" said, thread the needle from right to left.

Good luck. Hope it's found a new home with you.