Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   A find of a lifetime, a free Pfapp 130 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/find-lifetime-free-pfapp-130-a-t277630.html)

Cari-in-Oly 04-12-2016 11:29 AM

Dragon I love using a knee lever, I much prefer it to chasing a foot controller around the floor. I have two cabinets with knee controllers. One for my vintage Singers and one for my other vintage machines. Both have a very good controller in them. It's so much easier for me to have complete speed control with a knee lever.
I don't know how you deal with packing around such a heavy machine, I hate just loading them in the car to go somewhere. There's no way I could carry one around on a bus. :thumbup:

Cari

Freaky_Quilts_Dragon 04-12-2016 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly (Post 7521491)
Dragon I love using a knee lever, I much prefer it to chasing a foot controller around the floor. I have two cabinets with knee controllers. One for my vintage Singers and one for my other vintage machines. Both have a very good controller in them. It's so much easier for me to have complete speed control with a knee lever.
I don't know how you deal with packing around such a heavy machine, I hate just loading them in the car to go somewhere. There's no way I could carry one around on a bus. :thumbup:

Cari

Good to know. As I wrote, I am going to try the knee controler.

And yes, it is a pain to lug cast iron sewing machines around on the bus. I usually put them in rolling luggage though I think I hauled one in a backpack once. Back in my musician days I'd haul two or three bags of recording equipment on the bus and since the bus routes never went quite where I needed them I'd take my bike too. Yes, hundreds of dollars of recording equipment in bags on a bike! Compaired to that, carrying a sewing machine and a project in progress isn't too bad *laughs* :D

caspharm 04-12-2016 04:42 PM

It looks great. Hope that you can get in working order. Enjoy!

Mariposa 04-12-2016 08:46 PM

What a fun find! Congrats, and happy stitching~

firstlhilt 04-14-2016 08:31 AM

What a great find! I have one nearly like it that was included in the purchase of a large garage/shop and property we bought about 4 years ago. I had it serviced and it sews better than any other machine I own. Mine has a box-like mechanism on the top that can do some embroidery stitches - seems to be very rare. A previous owner must have been a heavy smoker and I couldn't get all the nasty yellow smoke stains out, so I painted it white and updated the drawer knobs (old knobs were partly plastic and broken). This machine is my first choice when I sew. I also got all the attachments, manual and several boxes of notions and sewing tools with it. The seller of the property was so excited that I was a seamstress, he just started adding all of his deceased mother's sewing items to the sale - no extra cost.

As a "p.s." - we are building a house on the property this Summer and about half of the basement will be my new sewing space. It will be a dream come true.

Freaky_Quilts_Dragon 04-14-2016 11:38 AM

Wow firstlhilt, you're so lucky! I would have loved to have gotten the model with the extra stitches but they are rare. A machine with them was the first video I saw when researching my 130 and it looked great. But I am NOT compaining, Grazielinda is more than I ever expected to get!

And all the extra sewing items you got, and a new sewing space soon?! I'm so envious!

I'd love to see a picture of you 130 if you have one to share.