Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Found A National " Two Spool" in the middle of nowhere. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/found-national-two-spool-middle-nowhere-t234132.html)

NIICHMOM 11-08-2013 07:47 AM

Definately show us pic... waiting

vintageidaho 11-08-2013 07:49 AM

I posted pics yesterday. :)

Macybaby 11-08-2013 08:01 AM

I have the same cabinet - however the legs say "eldredge" as mine is a newer model when National trotted out the old name again. The real fun ones are the original Eldredge Two Spool made before the company become National.

Jeanette Frantz 11-08-2013 08:16 AM

Found a National "Two Spool"

Originally Posted by Sheluma (Post 6393295)
... with style! The machine seems to be in good condition -- I don't see any rust. It looks well-loved and and that can be a good thing. The "can" looks perfect.

Your machine looks to be in very good condition. The cabinet is exactly like mine, but I think mine is in a little better shape. I think that's probably normal, considering that this machine was housed by my husband's aunt for the past 50 or 60 years!

Great find. Congrats.

Jeanette Frantz

roserips 11-08-2013 08:55 AM

That is an awesome machine! You have your work cut out for you to restore her and her cabinet, but wow it will be fantastic when done!

NikkiLu 11-08-2013 05:58 PM

There's a rule on most forums: "Pictures or it never happened."

OMG - LOVE this - got to remember this!!!!!

Mornigstar 11-08-2013 07:37 PM

Oh so beau ---tiful. My hubby thinks all machines should have been made with the bobbin being the size of the spool of thread. I always wondered why these machines didn't catch on. Keep saying I don't want any more machines except a 201 because of big harp size but think if I ever had chance for a 2 spool in very good condition I may change my mind.

Glad you are experienced with refinishing so this will become a true gem. Please show refinished job. Good luck !

vintagemotif 11-08-2013 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Macybaby (Post 6393861)
I have the same cabinet - however the legs say "eldredge" as mine is a newer model when National trotted out the old name again. The real fun ones are the original Eldredge Two Spool made before the company become National.

I don't follow what you are saying here, " The real fun ones are the original Eldredge Two Spool made before the company became National".

Do you mean the cabinet and treadle irons? Or do you mean the machines? If you mean the machines, the Eldredge and the National are the same machine. I own a National, that once had a motor, and an Eldredge, that never had a motor to it. They both behave the same since their parts are all the same! :) Awesome machines!

chris_quilts 11-09-2013 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Sheluma (Post 6390685)
Congrats! If only it weren't so hard to get to "the middle of nowhere". (I have a terrible sense of direction.) Looking forward to pictures!

Come to Kansas. There's plenty of the middle of nowhere. :D

HelenAnn 11-11-2013 04:03 AM

The photos are great thanks for the detail.