Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Found a Pfaff 130 in a Dominion Secretary cabinet today (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/found-pfaff-130-dominion-secretary-cabinet-today-t225688.html)

ArchaicArcane 07-12-2013 07:48 PM

Found a Pfaff 130 in a Dominion Secretary cabinet today

4 Attachment(s)
And yes, it came home with me. While it was the most expensive machine at the shop, I thought it was the best machine at the shop too. :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]423664[/ATTACH]

2 manuals and an "advertising sheet" (which is how I know it's a dominion secretary cabinet.)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]423665[/ATTACH]

Came with many attachments, including a couple things I don't recognize yet.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]423666[/ATTACH]

It's fairly tight moving at the moment, but I think I know someone who can look at it.

The decals are in good shape, and so far, all I can tell is missing is the "knob" for the stitch length selector...

The only disappointing surprise so far is this:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]423667[/ATTACH]

Yeah, it's actually wired into the cabinet. I have to be missing something. No one would have carted this behemoth back to the dealer for servicing IN its cabinet.... :D

mlmack 07-12-2013 07:58 PM

Very nice. The cabinet looks similar to the Singer #42 cabinet that came with my 201.

path49 07-12-2013 08:04 PM

Sewing machine repairmen used to come to your house...at least they did in my town. There was a Singer shop here until probably the mid 70s...& the owner/mechanic did "house calls". And there were also a couple independent sewing machine guys that did, too. One of the independent guys came to my house in the late 60s adjust the buttonhole cutting width on my machine. It looked simple enough...so I started working on my own machines!

foufymaus 07-12-2013 08:05 PM

Maybe it was a trade in for an upgrade? It is a beauty. Congrats.

JudyTheSewer 07-12-2013 08:44 PM

Tammi,
Oh my....that machine and cabinet made my heart go pitty-pat! Wonderful! Congratulations on your latest find. It seems like it was lightly used based on the condition of the decals. Please let us know how it sews.
Judy

liking quilting 07-13-2013 02:56 AM

Beautiful find; hope it works well for you.

miriam 07-13-2013 03:27 AM

Oh dear I'm wiping drool off my keyboard... wow.

mighty 07-13-2013 06:19 AM

Really nice machine!

ArchaicArcane 07-13-2013 08:57 AM

Thanks everyone! It's one of the few machines lately that has made me take a look, then a second, then a third, before I whipped out payment. Most of the time, I've been saying, "No, I'm in a purge phase, I don't need more keepers...." Though I should have known better, it -was- at my favorite (for finding sewing machines) thrift shop...

Does anyone know what those 4 pieces are in the 3rd pic? I've seen the black one in other photos, I think it might be a knife holder? The other 3 have me stumped though.

Also, I think I know how to get the machine out of the cabinet for a good cleaning. If you detach the light from the machine and leave it with the cabinet, the motor plug can be disassembled.

I really do want it on my bench, as the hand wheel turns smoothly for half a turn, then a little harder for the rest of the turn even after marinating in TriFlow for the night. Looks to be in time with the feed dogs rising, but it's hard to tell when I'm trying to climb over the desk every which way to see what's going on. ;)

miriam 07-13-2013 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane (Post 6175236)
Thanks everyone! It's one of the few machines lately that has made me take a look, then a second, then a third, before I whipped out payment. Most of the time, I've been saying, "No, I'm in a purge phase, I don't need more keepers...." Though I should have known better, it -was- at my favorite (for finding sewing machines) thrift shop...

Does anyone know what those 4 pieces are in the 3rd pic? I've seen the black one in other photos, I think it might be a knife holder? The other 3 have me stumped though.

Also, I think I know how to get the machine out of the cabinet for a good cleaning. If you detach the light from the machine and leave it with the cabinet, the motor plug can be disassembled.

I really do want it on my bench, as the hand wheel turns smoothly for half a turn, then a little harder for the rest of the turn even after marinating in TriFlow for the night. Looks to be in time with the feed dogs rising, but it's hard to tell when I'm trying to climb over the desk every which way to see what's going on. ;)

Strip off the throat plate and see if it still rubs.