Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Free Treadle Sewing Machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/free-treadle-sewing-machine-t258515.html)

Alawai 12-20-2014 07:26 PM

Free Treadle Sewing Machine

2 Attachment(s)
A few days ago I contacted a gentleman who had an ad on Craigslist for a treadle machine. I couldn’t tell from the pic what it was and so I contacted him requesting two more pics one of the front and one from the side. It turns out it wasn’t the machine I was looking for but I did tell him to post these pics in the ad itself. I also suggested a more reasonable price for what he had. He emailed me today and asked if I would like the machine for free if he doesn’t sell it by next Wednesday. I can’t take the machine, I’m saving my space for my dream treadle…but would any of you in the New England region like a free Standard treadle? The table/base looks beautiful! I’m sure the sewing machine would have to be cleaned, etc., and don’t know if it has any attachments/manual in the drawers, but as I said it is free. It would be a shame if it has to go to the dump. I believe it’s located in Danbury, CT. Let me know :-)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]503203[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]503204[/ATTACH]

IrelandDragonQuilting 12-20-2014 07:38 PM

Oh how I wish I lived there, or could afford shipping, I would LOVE to have a treadle.

Rodney 12-20-2014 07:47 PM

Your dream treadle must be something really special because that Standard is nice. If only I wasn't on the wrong end of the continent.
I would make room.
Are you willing to make room for it to save it from the dump if no one jumps right away?
Rodney

xxxxxxxxxx 12-20-2014 07:58 PM

get the one photo of the cabinet, I have that one, but am missing one drawer. I have a feeling if you saw this in person you would take it home..

this cabinet has the elevator lift in it. when you open the lip the machine moves straight up. there's more that make it a unique unit ..

Alawai 12-20-2014 07:58 PM

I wish both of you were on this side as well! I'm hoping it won't come to that Rodney, but it may just. I really don't like the idea of such a machine being destroyed and that cabinet is yummy! My current treadles don't have drawers with such decorative sidework. My dream treadle is a two-spool.

Alawai 12-20-2014 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by xxxxxxxxxx (Post 7015928)
get the one photo of the cabinet, I have that one, but am missing one drawer. I have a feeling if you saw this in person you would take it home..

this cabinet has the elevator lift in it. when you open the lip the machine moves straight up. there's more that make it a unique unit ..

LOL, hands over ears, "la, la, la, la, la, I cannot hear you"

xxxxxxxxxx 12-20-2014 08:24 PM

this is the only cabinet I know of that had the pulls on the sides,,
well figure it may take 5/6 years to find the perfect two spool, let this standard keep it's spot warm. when the two spool arrives give the standard to a friend.

or

when a friend see the standard and say " I wish I had one" make that there lucky day.

xxxxxxxxxx 12-20-2014 08:29 PM

and then rodney and I will both make your wish come true.. Free air freight to my door .. lololol

Alawai 12-20-2014 08:37 PM

Hahahaha, stop that!! I can't believe you're trying to talk me into keeping a machine I'm trying to find a home for...and hold for you no-less! You sell ice in Alaska don't you? Can you tell me more about this particular model or is it the cabinet only you have? What else was unique about it? I feel that it would be more appealing to someone if I had more info on it.

Rodney 12-20-2014 09:45 PM

10x's idea about hanging on to it while you're looking isn't a bad one. A good two spool might take a while to find.
The elevator lift sounds pretty cool to me. I like that sort of gadget.
Rodney