Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   FW arrived today (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/fw-arrived-today-t116393.html)

dixiechunk 04-16-2011 04:55 AM

Try featherweight221.com
I have done business with Dave and Sharon for several years.
Very honest people.
Penny

Originally Posted by brushandthimble
anyone know where I can order a new foot pedal with cords?

Add said it had one small area with tape, WRONG
3 places. plus worn cord and 2 of the 3 areas are 1; coming out of the foot pedal and 2; wires showing coming out of the plug. Easy fix, get a replacement.

Importantly she seems to work perfect, and looks great!:) I am in love.

sueisallaboutquilts 04-16-2011 05:18 AM

I've heard the same thing about them.
But we have Billy right here. He may have them.
His id is Lostn51

Billy is our board TREASURE! :)

sherriequilts 04-16-2011 05:39 AM

That is really awful. Glad the machine survived. Sure would like to know who that seller was as I'd never, repeat never, want to buy anything from them. Hope you get some satisfaction from Ebay and PayPal. All the best and happy quilting.

Olivia's Grammy 04-16-2011 06:08 AM

OMG! I shipped a FW to one of the ladies on the QB. I stuffed bubble wrap inside so nothing would move and UPS wrapped it in bubble before putting it in the box.
Glad your FW is ok.

doll-lady 04-16-2011 06:11 AM

glad it arrived in as good shape as it did without any box or packing. it is a beauty.

Quiltbeagle 04-16-2011 06:58 AM

My post office would never have accepted that. Hope everything is still intact.

gramquilter2 04-16-2011 07:32 AM

Have never seen this done before but the machine is perfect.

Linda - K. 04-16-2011 08:36 AM

Yikes!! So glad it made it to you and didn't pass anyone in the process that knew what it is and they had "sticky fingers". You might not have gotten it at all. There is a web site (not sure where) that shows how to package a 221 for mailing to help get it there safely. I think if I bought one online I'd send the link to the person to make sure they knew what to do.
Also, for parts I've used both www.221parts.com and www.featherweight221.com. I bought a new foot pedal (with plugs and all ready to go!) and feet also from parts site. Then from FW221 site I've gotten parts and his book/dvds. I highly recommend the book and dvds for maintenance, etc. Went to Dave's maintenance class here in WA (he's the FW221 site owner) and he's very good in explaining how to take care of your baby.

dixiechunk 04-16-2011 08:41 AM

I am so jealous! Dave's DVD and book are my lifelines. Would love to take a class from him but he couldn't be any further away unless he lived overseas! Glad you had that oppurtunity.
Penny

Originally Posted by Linda - K.
Yikes!! So glad it made it to you and didn't pass anyone in the process that knew what it is and they had "sticky fingers". You might not have gotten it at all. There is a web site (not sure where) that shows how to package a 221 for mailing to help get it there safely. I think if I bought one online I'd send the link to the person to make sure they knew what to do.
Also, for parts I've used both www.221parts.com and www.featherweight221.com. I bought a new foot pedal (with plugs and all ready to go!) and feet also from parts site. Then from FW221 site I've gotten parts and his book/dvds. I highly recommend the book and dvds for maintenance, etc. Went to Dave's maintenance class here in WA (he's the FW221 site owner) and he's very good in explaining how to take care of your baby.

dixiechunk 04-16-2011 08:42 AM

Oops, sorry, egg on my face. I forgot about Billy. Sorry, Billy!

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
I've heard the same thing about them.
But we have Billy right here. He may have them.
His id is Lostn51

Billy is our board TREASURE! :)