Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   GF needed a belt I got a 301 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/gf-needed-belt-i-got-301-a-t299000.html)

leonf 08-19-2018 08:41 AM

GF needed a belt I got a 301

2 Attachment(s)
We went to our favorite thrift store the get Iris a belt for her shorts. I'd pulled a few sewing machines out of this store before. Oh What is that? A 301 with a sample swatch under the needle. Had to have it. Sis tried it out. Needs a bit of tweaking, but not bad at all. GF spent 25 cents. My ticket was higher.

NJquilter, this was closer to your old home than your new one.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]599764[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]599765[/ATTACH]

sewbizgirl 08-19-2018 08:48 AM

That's a beauty... I would have grabbed it too!

elnan 08-19-2018 09:07 AM

Definately a treasure. Mine is like that. I have not come across the one with the deeper fold-down bed. I was handed one to clean and service for 4-H and to offer an opinion on what it might be worth. It was in a case, had all the desirables with it. When I returned it, I sang it's praises loudly, all the time wishing I had offered to buy it, but right about that time I had identified with a post on here where the poster said "just how many can you sew on at once", so I just knashed my teeth and told her not to let it go for anything less than $50 and upwards in price if she could get it, referring her to current e-bay prices.

Cari-in-Oly 08-19-2018 10:59 AM

Elnan the two toned 301s didn't come in a long bed version, only the solid colored ones did.

Cari

cashs_mom 08-19-2018 06:16 PM

Oh, nice! I love the mocha and white. I was sewing on my mocha 301a all weekend

RotaryQueen 08-20-2018 07:55 AM

Mine is two toned also. (I am really trying to make myself thin the herd. My mom says, "You only need one sewing machine, after all". I can't even respond.) I got it out yesterday to clean and oil. It is so smooth and quiet! And there is something about that thin, smooth hand wheel...
I don't know if I can let her go.

leonf 08-20-2018 08:13 AM

I had a lady tell me I only needed one bike. I asked the single lady in a studio apt why she needed 4 sets of silverware and 3 sets of dishes. She didn't ask again.

cashs_mom 08-20-2018 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by leonf (Post 8113869)
I had a lady tell me I only needed one bike. I asked the single lady in a studio apt why she needed 4 sets of silverware and 3 sets of dishes. She didn't ask again.

Good for you, Leon! :D

SusieQOH 08-20-2018 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by leonf (Post 8113869)

leonf- I adore your comic relief :D
Nice machine too! I have a 301 that I like a lot.

elnan 08-20-2018 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by RotaryQueen (Post 8113860)
My mom says, "You only need one sewing machine, after all". I can't even respond.)
I don't know if I can let her go.

I believe that everyone who sews needs at least two sewing machines. How many times have I been in a frenzy of Christmas sewing and something goes haywire with the machine or the operators's brain. That is when you need the second machine. I have had a Pfaff 1472 for many years, and there was a time when I forgot to slide that part back in place after changing a bobbin. I later learned that my neighbor at the time had the same machine and made the same mistake, but she took her's into the shop for repair.