Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Got it!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/got-t232534.html)

decky 10-15-2013 01:44 PM

Got it!!!

I finally got the 301 that I was looking at on Craigslist. It needs a good cleaning and oiling, things seem to move fairly smooth when I turn the wheel. Can't test it until I get a cord and foot control for it. I only had to pay $30. for it and that was the price I offered in the first place. By the way it is a black 301, also have an LBOW which runs like a fine tuned car. No pictures as I don't have a camera or do I know how to load anything onto the QB.

Pat in MN

Mdaniels 10-15-2013 03:26 PM

Good for you! A black 301 here is listed for $450. Good deal, hope you get it up and running soon!

chris_quilts 10-15-2013 05:03 PM

Can't you use the cord from your other 301 to test drive this one? I thought they were interchangeable?? Mine are anyway.

ArchaicArcane 10-16-2013 09:36 AM

There were 2 different cord configurations for the 301. 2 cords (one for the pedal and one for the plug) for the ones in cabinets, and one cord (pedal and plug on the same cord, like the FW, etc) for the portables.

That said, I've been told that the double lead cord (single cord, 2 ends) works on the machines configured for the 2 separate cords. Obviously the other way around wouldn't work, you'd have no pedal. ;)

chris_quilts 10-16-2013 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane (Post 6352343)
There were 2 different cord configurations for the 301. 2 cords (one for the pedal and one for the plug) for the ones in cabinets, and one cord (pedal and plug on the same cord, like the FW, etc) for the portables.

That said, I've been told that the double lead cord (single cord, 2 ends) works on the machines configured for the 2 separate cords. Obviously the other way around wouldn't work, you'd have no pedal. ;)

Tammi; Thank you. I didn't know that. Both of mine are cabinetless so have only the 1 cord but both of mine have their own cords.

ArchaicArcane 10-16-2013 07:45 PM

Any time, Chris. :)

sjdal 10-17-2013 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane (Post 6352343)

Thank you so much for this info. I just bought one with two cords, but I prefer to sew with the newer type of foot pedal. I was afraid to plug in into my newest machine , for fear of blowing it up.

ArchaicArcane 10-17-2013 08:49 AM

My pleasure! I wasn't sure for the longest time either, but someone else on the board told me that, and I think I've probably tried it at some point. ;)

tenngal 10-17-2013 08:02 PM

Great price and great machine - I have two - and I switch cords all the time.

Mariposa 10-20-2013 11:16 AM

Congrats on your great find! Happy sewing!