Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Help with Sewmor (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/help-sewmor-t235876.html)

Lucky Patsy's 12-01-2013 09:58 PM

Help with Sewmor

1 Attachment(s)
Can anyone tell me what order to place these pieces that popped off the bobbin winder guide? I have tried it several different ways, but can't decide which is correct. Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me!

miriam 12-02-2013 03:47 AM

What parts are missing? If you need a bobbin winder tire just get a generic one and put it on. Does it work otherwise?

ThayerRags 12-02-2013 04:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The parts appear to be laid out in the correct order where they’re at. See my copy of your photo for part numbers.

Place Spring #2 on top of Screw & Washer #3.
Place Cup #1 on top of Spring #2.
Hold the sandwich together to compress the Spring between the Cup and the Washer,
and move the sandwich over to insert Screw into the near side of Post #4.

CD in Oklahoma

ThayerRags 12-02-2013 04:10 AM

Make sure that the shoulder of the screw is inside of the washer when you tighten the screw. The screw goes in until the shoulder makes tight contact with the post. The cup will then be spring-loaded against the post. You can flex the cup away from the post with your fingernail when done.

CD in Oklahoma

Rodney 12-02-2013 06:33 AM

I can't help with the problem, looks like CD has that taken care of anyway, but I wouldn't mind a better picture of your machine.:)
Rodney

J Miller 12-02-2013 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Rodney (Post 6434450)
I can't help with the problem, looks like CD has that taken care of anyway, but I wouldn't mind a better picture of your machine.:)
Rodney

Joey tooooo ..... :) My wife and were really liking that color.

Joe

oldsewnsew 12-02-2013 09:31 AM

yep! definitely classy!

Lucky Patsy's 12-02-2013 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by ThayerRags (Post 6434255)
Make sure that the shoulder of the screw is inside of the washer when you tighten the screw. The screw goes in until the shoulder makes tight contact with the post. The cup will then be spring-loaded against the post. You can flex the cup away from the post with your fingernail when done.

CD in Oklahoma

Thanks, CD! That was just the info I need! Wouldn't you know, as I was inspecting the screw and washer, I fumbled and dropped them on the floor. I found the screw right away, but 20 minutes on my hands and knees with a flashlight and dust mop turned up nothing! I will try again in the morning in daylight. I sure appreciate the help though!

Lucky Patsy's 12-02-2013 08:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here she is, guys! Isn't she purty? Charcoal grey and pink! I call her Two-Ton Tilly, which I realize is an exaggeration, but it sure doesn't seem like it if I have to haul her anywhere. I took her to a class recently where she created quite a stir, but it sure seemed like a loooooonnnnnngggggg haul to the parking lot afterwards!

Lucky Patsy's 12-02-2013 08:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 6434224)
What parts are missing? If you need a bobbin winder tire just get a generic one and put it on. Does it work otherwise?

She runs great, Miriam. I have been using her to make fabric bowls like these, although I may be winding my bobbins elsewhere for now!

Marilyn