Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   How much? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/how-much-t305419.html)

CarlaEM 06-24-2019 04:34 PM

How much?

I have a Singer Featherweight, I think it’s from 1953? It is in very good vintage condition and works well. I’m thinking of selling it and have a lady who may be interested in buying it. The problem is, I have no idea what to ask. Any thoughts on what it’s value might be? Thanks

zozee 06-24-2019 04:57 PM

Prices are all over the place, from $200-450, depending on your area. Does it have a case?

CarlaEM 06-24-2019 05:52 PM

Yes, and some attachments.

bkay 06-24-2019 06:30 PM

I'm not sure what very good vintage condition means, but lets assume it's in great shape, no chips, still shiny, really nice decals, good case and some accessories. How much you get for it depends on how long you are willing to wait. I'd start at $450.00. If you are willing to wait for the buyer who falls in love, you might get it. If you are in a hurry and the machine has chips and worn decals, it might bring $150.00.

But, people still find them for $50.00.

No one can give you a good answer. A lot depends on how many are out there for sale and how many buyers are looking when you get ready to sell. There are just too many variables. Where, when and condition will determine the price you get.

granny64 06-25-2019 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by CarlaEM (Post 8269350)
I have a Singer Featherweight, I think it’s from 1953? It is in very good vintage condition and works well. I’m thinking of selling it and have a lady who may be interested in buying it. The problem is, I have no idea what to ask. Any thoughts on what it’s value might be? Thanks

Bought mine at Canton Trading Days Flea Market for $225.00 in case and table. It had some attachments. I had to clean it up to get it to work properly and buy a used motor. I love it. The case and table were in good condition not excellent condition. I've seen white ones listed at the same place for $625.00.

miriam 06-25-2019 10:06 PM

How much is a featherweight worth if it needs paint?

Bobbinalong 06-25-2019 10:58 PM

It might be worth looking at 'sold' Featherweights on eBay to give you some idea. You could point your would be purchaser to them as a bargaining point perhaps.

leonf 06-26-2019 06:03 AM

The paint may or not be a issue to a user especaiily if the bed is still smooth. Serious paint jobs can cost many hundreds of dollars.

bkay 06-26-2019 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by Bobbinalong (Post 8269857)
It might be worth looking at 'sold' Featherweights on eBay to give you some idea. You could point your would be purchaser to them as a bargaining point perhaps.

If you check ebay for "sold" pricing, limit your search to auction only. The "buy it now" prices are not the sell price, it's the asking price. They do not publish the actual sell price on "buy it now".

bkay

bearisgray 06-26-2019 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by bkay (Post 8269979)
If you check ebay for "sold" pricing, limit your search to auction only. The "buy it now" prices are not the sell price, it's the asking price. They do not publish the actual sell price on "buy it now".

bkay

Wish they would.