Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   I am in tears .. my beautiful 223 was destroyed in shipment (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/i-am-tears-my-beautiful-223-destroyed-shipment-t261462.html)

Sewnoma 02-19-2015 07:23 AM

Oh, that's terrible!! Someone was NOT thinking. What a waste of a machine.

If you paid via credit card and GW refuses to refund your money, you may still have recourse through your credit card company. You may be able to dispute the charges, since you did not get what you paid for.

tessagin 02-19-2015 07:38 AM

So sorry for you! That is totally uncalled for. I would also report it to GW headquarters! Any amount you paid for it is too much for their lack of shipping and packing knowledge. Irresponsible, totally irresponsible! They have plenty of resources for packing properly. Hoping you get compensated!

SteveH 02-19-2015 08:53 AM

I sympathize with you on this horrible experience! It is so frustrating. Especially when you got a good deal on something. the seller says "Sure, I'll refund the $80 you paid for this $200 machine"

I am still in the process of repairing the last one that happened to me ... Don't give up! We can help.

Imagine the bonding you'll have IF you decide to make this one work despite the dipsnort who packed it!

soman2 02-19-2015 09:09 AM

Shippers/carriers don't care!!

What a shame!:mad: Last week I received a Dressmaker which is identical to one that I have in my collection. I ordered it on e-bay and received it 4 days later and was well boxed. No visible damage on the exterior, but when it was unpacked, the portable carry case was broken into 20 pieces and the motor mount was partially ripped from the motor. I have not had much success with FedEx as the carrier. The machine was bubble wrapped and placed in a box and that box was placed in a larger box filled with peanuts. There were 6 red labels placed on the box stating "FRGILE-THIS SIDE UP" and the careless employees of FedEx still managed to destroy the merchandise. I notified the seller with pictures and received an immediate refund and was told to keep the machine in hopes that it could be repaired and just toss the broken case. My guess is that FedEx dropped the package from a height of about 3-4 feet flat on it's bottom and the 30+ lb. machine went through the plastic carrycase like melted butter. The machine has been repaired and up and running:thumbup:. Remember the video on TV recently showing both major carriers throwing package over the fence-one being a flat screen TV. Go figure!

Soman2

The other Rodney

Sewnoma 02-19-2015 01:55 PM

This is one reason I'm super hesitant to buy machines online. I've bought two and so far both were shipped carefully, but I'm still leery. (I got ripped off on the first machine anyway, they did a great job carefully shipping a broken machine, grrr)

madamekelly 02-19-2015 02:12 PM

I hate to say this, but from looking at your pictures, it looks more like they just packaged an old torn up machine to me, just by seeing all the thread tangled up. Do they want you to believe the shipping strung all that thread around? That look like more than shipping damage to me. Go back a read the original item description to be sure, but I would not settle for this kind of treatment. See if they insure packages? I once transported my cheap Walmart machine under a greyhound and it arrived just fine. You have been had.

joobee 02-19-2015 02:16 PM

OMG! It looks like they ran over it.....twice.

annette1952 02-19-2015 06:38 PM

What a shame. I am so sorry this happened

Rodney 02-19-2015 07:14 PM

I'm very sorry that happened to you. The employees at both Goodwill and the shippers didn't care enough to do their jobs properly. The Goodwill people either didn't care or know enough to package it correctly and the people at the shippers weren't gentle enough in their treatment of the package. Makes me wonder if they throw their own stuff around the same way. It took some pretty hard hits to break that motor case and knock the light loose, not to mention shatter it's carrying case.
Rodney

Jeanette Frantz 02-19-2015 09:02 PM

melmerr1, I am so very sorry for the callous way your seller packaged your machine. It is inexcuseable and the seller should make it good. My son made a comment about someone's luggage being destroyed by a passenger airline. It doesn't fix your machine, but it rather tells it like it is! It's not my wish to seem insensitive, but this YouTube link has its humor in that these guys are standing up and telling it like it is! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGc4zOqozo. If I had one of those machines, I would give it to you!

Jeanette