Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   I Found One!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/i-found-one-t176370.html)

Snooks 01-20-2012 08:26 PM

I Found One!!!!!

Just had to post this. I have been looking for a FW for some time (on and off about 12 years), in the last few months I have ALMOST gotten a few. But as with so many other things in life these have JUST been out of reach (for one reason or another), but I have still been reading daily on the QB about others who have found the FW they had been looking for.
Today was my day. I have been going to a few PAWN shops (because I have never had good luck finding a FW any place else), I walked in and only found a Whit from the 70's for sale. So another trip with out finding "The Machine". For some reason I walked back over to the back corner of the shop (computer area), and up on a shelf mixed in with the laptops and moniters - was an open black box!!! I stoped and took a second look - FW!!!!!!!!!. I called someone over to help me, so the young man came over and asked what he could help me with. I asked about the black box, he didn't know anything about it. Gave me the box and I pulled out the tray - FW, FW, FW!!!!!!. Asked if I could take it out, he told me to go for it as long as I could get it back in!!!. IT LOOKS NEW!!!!!, and it works like a DREAM. Didn't have my glasses with me, so not too sure of the price. Had to ask the price to be sure I was seeing what I thought I was seeing. He told me it was $49.00 for this OLD thing. She came home with me!!!!! The best money I have spent in a long time. Now I need a name for my new (old), FW.
Sorry this was so long, but I'm still on a "FW HIGH"

Charlee 01-20-2012 08:50 PM

WOOHOO!! Congrats Snooks! You're going to have so much fun with her! :)

Monroe 01-20-2012 10:24 PM

The find of a lifetime? Have Fun!

sharon b 01-20-2012 10:29 PM

WOW ! I should check out the pawn shops around here- my sister says they have some nice machines in there- Just never thought about finding a FW there - Good for you :thumbup:

quiltingcandy 01-20-2012 10:35 PM

That is fantastic. It was certainly meant to be yours.

quiltsRfun 01-20-2012 11:06 PM

I'm glad your search finally paid off. You got a real bargain besides. I love my FW and I know you'll have a great time with yours.

Nanamoms 01-21-2012 01:18 AM

WOW, that FW was calling to you from that old corner full of computers!! Have fun with her...let us know her name, too!! And pics!!

Lucky Patsy's 01-21-2012 01:24 AM

congratulations and what a bargain! Would you like to double your money?

imdelagarza62 01-21-2012 02:12 AM

WooHoo that was meant to be. Enjoy.

janeite 01-21-2012 02:46 AM

I can imagine you trying to remain calm when he said the words, $49.00. lol. I would have been squealing and screaming with excitement in my head, not trying to give away my cool to blow the cover off that awesome price.