Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   I hate finding pieces left over!! any ideas what these are from? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/i-hate-finding-pieces-left-over-any-ideas-what-these-t248872.html)

oldsewnsew 06-22-2014 09:31 AM

I hate finding pieces left over!! any ideas what these are from?

1 Attachment(s)
reminds me of the old days, when I had to occasionally rebuild a carburetor in a rest stop:mad:. Anywho, these appeared one at a time in my piles of mystery bits and pieces, that have magnets in them, and are supposed to be sequestering bits of only ONE project at a time! Intentions not matching actuality, what are these from? At first I thought Davis New Vertical Feed as I have 2, and there are now 2 of these laying around. But both heads seem to function correctly, fwd and reverse, so I don't think so. I reviewed photos, pulled off faceplates, etc...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]480038[/ATTACH] Any ideas from you folks is deeply appreciated. Thanks!:thumbup:

miriam 06-22-2014 10:27 AM

Eh, Jim, sweep those under the rug and don't mention it...

Mrs. SewNSew 06-22-2014 12:23 PM

I have no ideas to help you but I am glad it's not just me. I have a small dish where I plop odd bits that show up now and again. I don't think there are any pieces there that were necessary or needed to be replaced and yet I m not completely sure.

foufymaus 06-22-2014 12:27 PM

i always tape little screws in place. lol like the cover, loosen screw, remove cover tape screw in place.

J Miller 06-22-2014 12:54 PM

Foot screws from a Singer or similar. I just took one apart that has 4 of those little screws holding the rubber feet to the bottom of the machine.

Joe

miriam 06-22-2014 01:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
When possible put the screw back in the hole it came out of. I also keep some toy magnets I stole from the toy box. He steals them and puts them back in the toys. I'm careful to keep those magnets out of reach when they are loaded with parts. Usually it is very short term and he's not around. Really I should find other magnets but I like those - there is a little magnet on each end. I can put the screws on one end then stick it to what ever I pulled it off of. Keeps things together. Not only does it hold screws but it stands the whole machine on it's side... :p
[ATTACH=CONFIG]480055[/ATTACH]

manicmike 06-22-2014 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by oldsewnsew (Post 6769212)
Any ideas from you folks is deeply appreciated. Thanks!:thumbup:

They have magnets in them and the only time I've seen these parts before they were on a portable machine's case, on the RHS and had dual purpose: To screw something down and hold on to pins when necessary. Machine was an Aussie Pinnock 101 incidentally - great machine.

oldsewnsew 06-23-2014 06:49 AM

No magnets, no screw slots, two flats for a wrench, close to the threads...

J Miller 06-23-2014 07:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Jim,

I lightened up and focused your pic and saw the flat sides on the screw heads.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]480136[/ATTACH]
It also looks to me like the unthreaded part is an eccentric. If that's the case I'd say they are a screw for some of the rods under the bed of a machine.

Now, about that ruler marked off in 10ths. I want one. Hopefully it's metal. Where do you get them?

Joe

oldsewnsew 06-23-2014 07:31 AM

General tools makes some. A good local hdwe or woodworking store or university book store ot drafting supply. General tool #CF616. Amazon also