Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   I Have Angered The Wife. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/i-have-angered-wife-t250482.html)

Rodney 07-20-2014 05:22 PM

I Have Angered The Wife.

Well, I was a bad boy today. I took the daughter to the local thrift stores, never a good idea for me. The wife isn't terribly pleased with me (with good reason, I have enough machines and really no room for more). It could be worse, she's actually very supportive of me but I do sometimes let my hobbies get out of hand.
I came home with a Japanese made White zigzag machine today for $5.00. The machine and cabinet both need work, in fact I'm considering putting the machine in a case and getting rid of the cabinet. The machine itself is jammed. I can turn the wheel but the needle doesn't want to move. It's not in free motion mode either so there's definitely something wrong there. The handwheel is plastic and cracked in a few places plus it's missing the cover for the bobbin area. Well what did I expect for five bucks? Perfection? On the plus side it's a nice white and blue two tone with neat controls and the bobbin case is present. I think it'll be a fun machine to mess with. It'll be a while before I get to it though, I've got a quilt to finish and a couple other machines to restore before I can start on this one.
Pictures tomorrow when I get it unloaded. I'm also hoping to pick up another machine tomorrow. More on that after I have it home.
Rodney

squirrelfood 07-20-2014 05:42 PM

I hope you have a comfortable dog house! :p

GrammaNan 07-20-2014 05:53 PM

Oh, Rodney, Rodney, Rodney. I think you went a little too far with this one. If she has a hobby I would find something for her real quick.

Rodney 07-20-2014 09:11 PM

She's not super angry, just a bit frustrated with me at the moment. As I've said she's pretty supportive of my hobbies for the most part. She's also the practical one of us, I tend to be much more frivolous. After tomorrow I won't be acquiring any new machines for a while. No point in pushing it and I'll have enough to stay busy with for quite a while anyway. I need to focus on getting what I have running. I like collecting machines but I want them to at least be able to sew even if I don't use them much.
Rodney

manicmike 07-20-2014 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Rodney (Post 6810522)
She's not super angry, just a bit frustrated with me at the moment. As I've said she's pretty supportive of my hobbies for the most part.

"I outta join a club and beat you over the head with it" (Groucho Marx). That is to say I'm (absolutely) certain you're not the only one Rodney :p.
I'm kinda on the good side now. Bought the 1886 IF last week but got rid of a 320K2 on Saturday for a lot more money. My GF is much less supportive than she would if we had more space. Have to get rid of a couple without buying any for a while but that's not easy - nature abhors a vacuum ;)

Caroline S 07-21-2014 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by squirrelfood (Post 6810366)

Yes, you may also consider making a quilt to make your doghouse more comfy!

angelanicole 07-21-2014 05:53 AM

you will be in there for a long long time Rodney............

Originally Posted by squirrelfood (Post 6810366)

puppy 07-21-2014 05:59 AM

if your wife throws you out..i will take you...lol..joking

Candace 07-21-2014 06:48 AM

Sounds like it' s time to purge. Get rid of any one or two that you don't love. It makes it so much easier to get other machines if you have some available space and the Mrs. would be more accepting of a new machine if another is gone.

J Miller 07-21-2014 08:25 AM

My wife said: "Add $10 or $15 to it and you'll have a machine you can flip for $50.00". Then you you'll have Pizza money for you and the phydeaux. :D

Joe