Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   I need HELP!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/i-need-help-t257102.html)

TGood 11-20-2014 01:43 PM

I need HELP!!

5 Attachment(s)
Do any of you fine folk know where I could find a 1889 Singer Fiddle Base Machine needle shaft cam? The part number is G3900299. It is for my niece who has her grandparent's machine and needs this part to make it workable. The machine managed to survive her parents house fire years ago. I took some pictures of the "crazy glued" part so you know what it looks like.

Thanks for your help!!!

ThayerRags 11-20-2014 02:10 PM

Is there any chance you could get a photo of the entire machine? Taken from the front where the operator sets would be best.

I believe that the part number might be 8222 (with 175e and 400k) instead of your number. Your number may be the serial number, which would indicate a 1915 Singer 127. Although, the same part was used in Singer models 27, 28, 127, and possibly also in model 128.

Once we determine for sure which model it is, it will help to identify your part.

CD in Oklahoma

jlhmnj 11-20-2014 05:51 PM

Sort of an unusual part to break. I agree that picture of machine and serial number would be best and safest though some might recognize it offhand. Singer made quite a few "Fiddlebase" models.

Jon

SteveH 11-20-2014 06:26 PM

I suspect that the serial number starts with a number not a letter if its that early of a machine. If that's the case, assuming the G is a 6, it is still too high a number. Once we get pictures or the corrected number we can help a lot better

Mitch's mom 11-20-2014 06:44 PM

3D Printing maybe?

xxxxxxxxxx 11-20-2014 08:22 PM

no question that it's from a 127 / 27. I only get one photo. which shosw the part upside down . the other start to load then they just go away. fiddle or rectangular, that piece will be the same..

I'd watch ebay or just buy a machine for parts . like off goodwill or craigslist, but I wouldn't pay over $15.

The date given sounds like the patent date on some frames

Macybaby 11-21-2014 02:51 AM

If it's a 27, then I bet I have a part for you. Since I've got four of them out in the shed for parts. Though it may be while before I can get to them since I have a building to roof this weekend.

The problem with getting parts, these are so plentiful that very few people take the time to take off parts to sell, there is no money in it.

TGood 11-21-2014 10:18 AM

This may take a while as the niece lives in Texas and doesn't "do" internet. I will try to call her and see what we can work out.

TGood 11-21-2014 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby (Post 6977687)
If it's a 27, then I bet I have a part for you. Since I've got four of them out in the shed for parts. Though it may be while before I can get to them since I have a building to roof this weekend.

The problem with getting parts, these are so plentiful that very few people take the time to take off parts to sell, there is no money in it.

Thanks, Macybaby, you give me hope!! I will try to get a pic or some legitimate model number so we know exactly what we are doing.