Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   I took the plunge - Featherweight! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/i-took-plunge-featherweight-t205775.html)

Ellietow 11-12-2012 11:16 AM

I took the plunge - Featherweight!

I just purchased a featherweight on ebay - went a little above my $150 budget, but my son is covering the overage as my birthday present! I can hardly wait to get it - hope it's a good one! So, now, I have a 301a and a featherweight, and I'm REALLY going to stop here. (Promise!)

Prim Quilts 11-12-2012 11:21 AM

Congratulations! I'm still looking for a 301.

Quilt Novice 11-12-2012 11:22 AM

Congratulations on your new featherweight! Would love to see some pictures.

J Miller 11-12-2012 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Ellietow (Post 5652035)
I just purchased a featherweight on ebay - went a little above my $150 budget, but my son is covering the overage as my birthday present! I can hardly wait to get it - hope it's a good one! So, now, I have a 301a and a featherweight, and I'm REALLY going to stop here. (Promise!)

:) Yeah right. Sure you are. Sewing machines are like Lays Potato Chips, you can't have just one. AND, they mate in the dark at night while your sleeping. Soon you'll be finding them all over the place like Captain Kirk did the Tribbles on the Enterprise.
Don't ask me how I know this .. :D .

Oh, and congrats on the FW. You will be liking it. Be careful to thread it right so you get the dreaded thread jammed bobbin.

Joe

MimiBug123 11-12-2012 11:34 AM

You know you're not really going to stop. None of us are! We're addicts and really can't help it. Enjoy your new baby!

Sandra in Minnesota 11-12-2012 02:48 PM

We need to see pictures, and also the name of your fw.

JabezRose 11-12-2012 02:50 PM

Welcome to the club!

DOTTYMO 11-13-2012 02:34 AM

We are not addicts. We are keeping the past history in sewing machines
May be historians.

lovelyl 11-13-2012 05:49 AM

Congrats on the FW! We need pics when you get it!
And good luck trying to stop at just 2 machines! I really don't think that is possible...

Blackberry 11-13-2012 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 5652053)
:) Yeah right. Sure you are. Sewing machines are like Lays Potato Chips, you can't have just one. AND, they mate in the dark at night while your sleeping. Soon you'll be finding them all over the place like Captain Kirk did the Tribbles on the Enterprise.
Don't ask me how I know this .. :D .

Oh, and congrats on the FW. You will be liking it. Be careful to thread it right so you get the dreaded thread jammed bobbin.

Joe

I totally agree with Joe. For some reason when you get one there just seems to be this magical pull to another and another, etc. At last count I have about 15. I don't know how I got so many. Guess I just got caught up in the magical pull.