Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   I'm the excited new owner of treadle machine- first timer ;) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/im-excited-new-owner-treadle-machine-first-timer-%3B-t297535.html)

JanelleTrebuna 06-11-2018 03:39 AM

I'm the excited new owner of treadle machine- first timer ;)

1 Attachment(s)
We found a Singer 66 redeye on Saturday and brought her home.
I've named her Ellie.
According to the serial number she was manufactured in July 1919 in New Jersey.
I can't wait to get her cleaned up and learn to sew with her.
She came with the original instruction manual and all the attachments.(which were in great condition)
There were buttons, thread, and bits of fabric in her drawers.
It was the seller's grandma's machine. She had sold her house and no longer had room.

Janelle

JanelleTrebuna 06-11-2018 03:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A close up:

WANNABEE 06-11-2018 03:57 AM

Beautiful, enjoy the start of your new adventure with Ellie.

JanelleTrebuna 06-11-2018 03:58 AM

Thank you :)

WIChix 06-11-2018 05:03 AM

Sweet condition! She'll shine with some sewing machine oil inside and out. Enjoy!

Tartan 06-11-2018 05:04 AM

Congratulations! When you look in the shuttle area, do not remove a little piece of fuzzy fabric as that is the oil wick for the shuttle.

Macybaby 06-11-2018 05:07 AM

Very nice - when you go to clean it, use sewing machine oil - not water. Water will damage the decals, so don't even use a damp cloth on them.

OurWorkbench 06-11-2018 05:08 AM

:thumbup: Congratulations, those decals look very good.

My sister learned to sew on a treadle. I had tried once and decided wasn't for me. Then.... my brother and I refurbished it for her. She was very appreciative and said how much she enjoyed sewing on a treadle. I finally got one and played with it. They really are fun.

My sister's is a back clamp too. As much stuff that was in the drawers, there weren't any attachments, but fortunately I had some that I had gotten years ago. I'd like to see what attachments you got with yours.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.

JanelleTrebuna 06-11-2018 06:42 AM

Thank you all for the great advice; I'm passing it all along to my husband. :)

Janelle

JanelleTrebuna 06-11-2018 07:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench (Post 8074492)
:thumbup: Congratulations, those decals look very good.

As much stuff that was in the drawers, there weren't any attachments, but fortunately I had some that I had gotten years ago. I'd like to see what attachments you got with yours.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.

The picture is a little bit blurry, but I got: quilting foot, ruffler, tucker, shirring foot, binder, adjustable hemmer, and an under binder (not sure exactly what that one does without consulting instruction manual)

Janelle