Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Info Needed Please (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/info-needed-please-t321390.html)

PhilD 08-25-2023 12:37 PM

Info Needed Please

5 Attachment(s)
My wife received this Sewing Machine from a passed on neighbor and we are wondering if we wanted to sell this Vintage Antique, how much it would be worth???

It is a 1955 to 1959 Morse Table Cabinet (Sewing Machine is built in this Table Cabinet), Fotomatice Super Dial, Color is Blue/Green, Toyota ZA003, Mod. TZ.7, Serial Number 2141, Sticker is Magenta/Red...Not sure if it is a Model 4100 or 4700 ??? Not sure if it is a Model 1, 2, 3, 4 ??? On a front side sticker it has, "World's Best Model MZZ Precision Manufactered"...We are aware the Sewing Machine comes from Japan and built into the Cabinet here in the USA by the company "Morse"...

Any info that you could share with us we will truly appreciate...

bkay 08-25-2023 01:02 PM

Vintage sewing machines don't bring much in the marketplace. I'm sure it's a great machines. Most of those post WW11 Japanese machines have excellent workmanship. However, most new machines have lots of bells and whistles that older machines don't have. You can buy a new sewing machine at Walmart for $100.00.

My best guess is that you will end up getting $25.00 to $50.00 for it. Of course, it all depends on your local market. Look on Craigslist.org and similar sites and see what people are asking. That doesn't mean that that's what they are getting. I'm in DFW, and I'd ask $100.00 and be happy with $50.00.

bkay

PhilD 08-25-2023 01:15 PM

Thank you very much for your info...

1CharmShort 08-25-2023 01:38 PM

Oh my goodness
That's a beauty!
I think. Kinda hard to tell in those pictures
Wish I lived nearby....
That particular Morse doesn't come up for sale very often in my area.
Machine prices are all over the place. They kind of go for whatever price a buyer is willing to pay, and how easy or difficult they are to find in your area. For that reason, the area you live in makes a difference in value.

edit: good pictures can make a big difference in the price you get too, if you're selling online. Think pictures you might take if you were trying to sell a car....

PhilD 08-25-2023 01:41 PM

I had a feeling the area of a Tennessee price would be much higher...We are willing to sell this if the price is right...All electrical works too...Thank you for your info and comment...

1CharmShort 08-25-2023 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by PhilD (Post 8614231)
I had a feeling the area of a Tennessee price would be much higher...We are willing to sell this if the price is right...All electrical works too...Thank you for your info and comment...

Tennessee....bummer. Too far away....

ibex94 08-25-2023 03:14 PM

There will be folks that want it because of the amazing color, too! But don't be surprised by how little folks are paying for older machines these days. Thanks for sharing those pictures.

PhilD 08-25-2023 04:37 PM

Thank you for your comment and the info...

lwbuchholz 08-25-2023 05:24 PM

That is a beautiful machine. I can't tell from the photos but it may be able to be treadled. Might be a selling point.

PhilD 08-25-2023 05:48 PM

Thank you for that your info..We also thought this...I will let my wife know this info...