Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Instruction manual for 1951 Singer 301 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/instruction-manual-1951-singer-301-a-t305587.html)

annesthreads 07-04-2019 03:31 AM

Instruction manual for 1951 Singer 301

I’m preparing to sell the 1951 301 that I bought a few years ago, as I haven’t used it as much as I’d hoped. I could with a copy of the manual - does anyone know where I might download one? I’ve found one site, but their illustration is of a later model, so I’m not sure if it would be the correct one. Many thanks.

Dressmaker 07-04-2019 04:38 AM

Here is the link for the Singer 301 manual. Full Manual

annesthreads 07-05-2019 03:00 AM

Thankyou very much. I’ve now realised that:
1. My machine is actually a 201
2. I don’t want to sell it!
I got it set up and did a bit of sewing to check it was OK, and it ran so beautifully and produced such perfect stitches that I wondered why I’ve ignored it - am going to give it a bit more time and see if I start to use it. The only problem is its weight - the day will come when I can no longer lift it. I can just about manage it at the moment. I dnot have the space to leave it out on a table.
I bought it when I was trying to find a machine to quilt with, having had a bad experience with a modern machine. I didn’t succeeded with the 201 either (I eventually found a new machine that quilts well), which is why I haven’t been using it. But now I’m thinking that it would be useful for bigger projects or thicker fabrics. Very relieved not to have to grapple with an eBay listing!

WIChix 07-05-2019 05:51 AM

Craigslist and facebookmarketpkace are good places to list, are free, and may be easier as you can meet the buyer in a public place, and wouldn't need to ship.

Lee in Richmond 07-05-2019 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by annesthreads (Post 8273563)
Thankyou very much. I’ve now realised that:
1. My machine is actually a 201
2. I don’t want to sell it!
I got it set up and did a bit of sewing to check it was OK, and it ran so beautifully and produced such perfect stitches that I wondered why I’ve ignored it - am going to give it a bit more time and see if I start to use it. The only problem is its weight - the day will come when I can no longer lift it. I can just about manage it at the moment. I dnot have the space to leave it out on a table.
I bought it when I was trying to find a machine to quilt with, having had a bad experience with a modern machine. I didn’t succeeded with the 201 either (I eventually found a new machine that quilts well), which is why I haven’t been using it. But now I’m thinking that it would be useful for bigger projects or thicker fabrics. Very relieved not to have to grapple with an eBay listing!

I recently picked up a 201-2 at an auction and my husband is cleaning it up and getting it ready for me to try out (like I needed a 6th sewing machine!). It is supposed to be a very nice machine.