Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   I've fallen in love.... (301a) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/ive-fallen-love-301a-t243831.html)

NapaJohn 03-25-2014 07:59 AM

Congratulations. I'd ask the seller to include a bottle of touch-up paint so you know the color is true...

miriam 03-25-2014 08:08 AM

I'm not seeing the prices of 301s go up around here.

Macybaby 03-25-2014 09:16 AM

Congrats - it's the ones like this one that I end up loving the most. They touch my heart. Don't ask me why or what, but every once in a while I get one I fall in love with. They may not be the ones I use the most, but they are the ones I love the most.

sjdal 03-25-2014 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by tropit (Post 6644030)
Oh...she's a purty one! Personally, I love the blue. Maybe she was a tad on the expensive side, but you'll love sewing on her every day, so it's money well spent, I say. Besides, with prices going up and up, it will seem like nothing in a year, or two. Be sure to tell her to pack it right and let her know about the EBay guide about packing a sewing machine for shipment.
~ Cindy

She does a great job with the packing, so don't worry. Congrats, you will love it

MamaKitty 03-25-2014 07:30 PM

She's beautiful.

lovelyl 03-26-2014 03:57 AM

Congrats! You will love her.

Cogito 03-27-2014 01:20 PM

Just saw a beautiful 301 LBW on Craigslist for $60. I would grab it in a heart beat but it is 300 miles from me which my hubby just doesn't understand considering how many I already own. :shock: I am still contemplating a road trip......lol!

miriam 03-27-2014 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Cogito (Post 6647853)
Just saw a beautiful 301 LBW on Craigslist for $60. I would grab it in a heart beat but it is 300 miles from me which my hubby just doesn't understand considering how many I already own. :shock: I am still contemplating a road trip......lol!

Is that 300 miles round trip or one way? The gas adds to the price of your machine considerably.

Cogito 03-27-2014 02:36 PM

Well I boo boo'ed when typing this.....I meant to say a 3 hour trip one way. So it is basically over 400 miles round trip. Would cost me another $36 in gas. BUT.......it is closer to my home town (150 miles from where I currently live) so if I combined a trip home and convinced them to drive 30 miles south and I meet them then it would only be 90 miles. See how I am justifying? Lol! Of all my 301's I don't have the LBOW so it seems justifiable to me. Ahem! Sadly I am married to an extremely practical/penny pincher husband (whom I love dearly!) sigh.... Will just have to see.

Belfrybat 03-27-2014 05:00 PM

I think it is absolutely wonderful that some of you can find vintage machines in good working order for very low prices. I'm in a rural area and haven't found anything I'd even consider purchasing for under $300.00. So I'm dependent mostly on E-Bay. I could have gotten a 301a off E-Bay for around $250.00, and probably would have if I hadn't seen this one. I think there are times when we just have to follow our heart. And in addition to this being painted, I also know it was thoroughly cleaned and adjusted, which is also important to me.
I'll be posting pics tomorrow. Thanks for all your help.