Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Just finished an inventory. EEK! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/just-finished-inventory-eek-t206462.html)

1screech 11-22-2012 09:58 PM

You have made me feel so good..I feel so guilty that I hord machines. I have 4 berninas,200, 160,150, and my last purchase, a 930 in beautiful shape for $25.00. I almost knocked the lady down giving her the money. I also have 3 FW's black, a FW white, an Elna Jubilee, a singer 603, a 185J and another older singer...99 I think that I bought at a yard sale for $5.00 because I did not want to see it sitting in the rain waiting for the garbage truck. They all work beautifully. I also have a Free#7 that is a treadle, a serger and a Tin Lizzie. Isn't that ridiculous to have that many? I would not blink an eye to buy another FW or Bernina if the price was right and if my husband did not catch me and if I had the money. I have given my niece one of the FW's or my number would be higher. It is like I am possessed about sewing machines, fabrics, and books. I hope to give a FW to my daughter when she gets her BS this summer. I also plan on giving one to both granddaughters. See how easy I can justify why I need more. Just so happy to see how lots of you have me beat. I don't plan on buying any more...but I sure would love to have a 301....or maybe a 401...or maybe one of those old singer bullet machines...yes I do need SSA (sewing machine anonymous)!

nygal 11-23-2012 02:29 AM

I bought my first and so far ONLY machine a Singer 99 a few months ago. I came across it unexpectently at a Goodwill store. If another vintage machine ever crosses my path I would buy it.

cabinfever 11-29-2012 10:26 AM

You guys are so funny. You just reminded me that I own a 15-91 in cabinet. I haven't been able to open her up to use since I got her a year ago, due to space limitations. I also own a Singer 99, with 2 cabinets given to me by a collector friend who didn't want to do the cabinet work. She said there were just enough good parts (to the cabinets) to make one good machine setup. My husband is making me a small wooden base so I can use the machine on a table while I refinish the cabinet. I would love a 66 or 201 as well. Yes, I really just want my own little (working) sewing machine museum, or antique shop featuring sewing machines; since I also have a weakness for any quality old oak furniture. LOL A friend has many great old treadles in quarter-sawn oak cabinets. I'd love to have one of those. For any of you antique lovers, go see Jenny's website and reviews of old machines at "sew-classic" blog. I love how she converted a Singer 99 into a hand-crank! She links to most manuals for the classic Singers. Great pictures there as well.

We are now looking for our retirement property, and have agreed we both want a small house with big shops for our hobbies. ;) Not sure they'll be room for the grown kids to "move home", but I've decided we'll make a "bunk house" for visitors. I want a little land again, miss our 5 acres we had when the kids were young. I plan to have all my machines setup in working space. Can't wait!