Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   To Keep Or Not To Keep? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/keep-not-keep-t232800.html)

Sunflowerzz 10-19-2013 03:55 PM

To Keep Or Not To Keep?

3 Attachment(s)
That is the question. I have these three ladies I am seriously considering rehoming. I have found that I like the zig zags.

Would you have to keep any of these? or all of them? and why? I am still a newbie and want to keep any machine that would be a good addition to keep for a small collection.

Pfaff 131 Perfect condition lots of accessories needs a new belt

Singer 99 Very good condition needs accessories anda new belt in bentwood case:thumbup:

Signature 15 clone? Very good condition Needs accessories, a light fixture, new cord and accessories

mlmack 10-19-2013 04:07 PM

I would likely keep the 99 and the Pfaff, and you might as well keep the Monkey Wards machine, because it has very little, if any, sales value without any of the items you listed.

barny 10-19-2013 04:21 PM

I would probably keep them all. That's how I am. I keep thinking I can fix them to run.

Sunflowerzz 10-19-2013 04:47 PM

Well I think I might hang onto them for awhile if I can find shelf space when we rearrange garage space. Poor little Monkey:(

pocoellie 10-19-2013 06:54 PM

I'm afraid I would keep them all. LOL

amyjo 10-19-2013 08:07 PM

I think I would keep the singer and the pfaff. Don't much care for monkeys.

pennycandy 10-19-2013 11:11 PM

I'd keep at least one. I love my SS only machines for straight stitching. If it were my choice, I'd keep the Pfaff. It has a marked stitch length plate, it has all the accessories and only needs a belt(inexpensive fix to get it running).

Candace 10-19-2013 11:34 PM

If I had to pick one, I'd sell off the 15 clone.

Annaquilts 10-20-2013 12:21 AM

I would only keep the pfaff and maybe the Singer 99 because of the case. As soon as I would find a 99 with reverse I would stick that in the bentwood case and get rid of this 99 because it has no reverse. I would pass on the clone.

miriam 10-20-2013 02:06 AM

I had a MW clone once - I loved that machine. It was made by Lucky. The pressure foot goes up just a little extra. The motor was powerful and it was a well made machine. It is a clone so very easy to keep cleaned up. Test it out for free motion. I love the little clovers - some on the base, some on the nose plate and some on the little round back cover. I would be thinking not everybody else has one. It is right up there with the others IMHO. I don't know much about the Pfaff because those don't seem to cross my path. I would assume it is a good machine though. The 99 is a cute little guy but they are just a little harder to clean than the MW. No reverse, bobbin winder is complicated. Clean up the 99 and put a HC on it... You could always set one machine up with a button hole maker and leave it set up so it is ready any time. I guess it all depends on what you are planning to sew with the machines....