Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   A little Thrift Crazy: re Singer Fashionmate 223 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/little-thrift-crazy-re-singer-fashionmate-223-a-t251435.html)

foufymaus 08-06-2014 02:18 PM

A little Thrift Crazy: re Singer Fashionmate 223

3 Attachment(s)
*waves*
Hello, long time no post. LOL So The crazy isn't the new machine. I knew eventually I was adding another one to the herd. The crazy is the 26 vintage pattern's I also picked up. :D All in all a good haul for $30. Especially since the machine is practically pristine. With the exception of some missing paint on the deck. The discolored paint under the motor and the greasy black finger marks on the paint under the presser foot lever. There was also a waxy orange crayon type build up on the blind hem gear. That was all easily cleanable. The motor was oiled and wires checked. It's awesome. :D Link to all the patterns purchased. [large photos warning] http://imgur.com/a/xA6bd#fiK7trH

[ATTACH=CONFIG]486553[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]486554[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]486555[/ATTACH]

KLO 08-06-2014 04:18 PM

Nice looking machine. Do you collect old patterns? I have four that I could send you if you wanted them. There is one woman's blouse pattern and three kid's patterns. If you want them, just let me know. Or if you need more info on them first in order to decide if you would like them, let me know.

Mariposa 08-06-2014 04:28 PM

Nice looking machine!

cindynvb 08-06-2014 04:58 PM

I'm curious about the patterns too, do. you collect them?? I do love the pics of the fashions.

Mrs. SewNSew 08-06-2014 05:16 PM

Intersting on the patterns. Do you sew them? Youmust have got a good deal on the Fashion Mate if all together it was only 30.00. My local GW store is a bit more expensive with the machine pricing.

franc36 08-06-2014 05:51 PM

I loved looking at your patterns! There were several of them that I am sure I made dresses from when I was a teen ager. Seeing those patterns brought back wonderful memories. Good looking machine.

foufymaus 08-06-2014 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by KLO (Post 6834984)
Nice looking machine. Do you collect old patterns? I have four that I could send you if you wanted them. There is one woman's blouse pattern and three kid's patterns. If you want them, just let me know. Or if you need more info on them first in order to decide if you would like them, let me know.

I actually do collect and make some of the patterns. Of course I have to grad them up to my size. LOL it's a hobby along with quilting and machine collecting. LOL I am interested in your patterns. :D

foufymaus 08-06-2014 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mrs. SewNSew (Post 6835036)
Intersting on the patterns. Do you sew them? Youmust have got a good deal on the Fashion Mate if all together it was only 30.00. My local GW store is a bit more expensive with the machine pricing.

I do sew them after I trace them on a different paper then grade them up to my size. I find today's fashions a bit... meh. LOL All in all the patterns total was about $13 and the machine was about $15. The $2. difference is because of some random fabric that I had purchased but didn't photo. This is the same thrift store where I nabbed a 401A for $10.

foufymaus 08-06-2014 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by franc36 (Post 6835056)
I loved looking at your patterns! There were several of them that I am sure I made dresses from when I was a teen ager. Seeing those patterns brought back wonderful memories. Good looking machine.

Thanks! I also have a Fashionmate 237. I like this one it's different and it has the nifty automatic blind hem switch. The patters are loads of fun.

wilburness 08-06-2014 06:55 PM

looking at those patterns was a trip down memory lane. I chuckled, some the original price was only 25 cents and were marked for 50 cents.