Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Look What DH Brought Home!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/look-what-dh-brought-home-t267412.html)

quiltedsunshine 07-09-2015 07:51 PM

Look What DH Brought Home!!!

1 Attachment(s)
My Dear Husband brought home another sewing machine. I keep telling him not to bring any more home. But this one is the machine I learned to sew on! And it purrrrrs. I think the sew-off piece might be the original factory sample. And there are a ton of accessories! But sadly, no cams. I think this will become my back-up machine!

Annaquilts 07-09-2015 08:02 PM

I learned to sew on a pfaff. They are wonderful machines.

Candace 07-09-2015 08:25 PM

There are no external cams on this model.. they are built in. You will need to get a pattern card to show you how to move the levers and knobs to the correct position. Beware these tend to need quite a lot of elbow grease to get in perfect working condition and to have the built in embroidery until work as it should. I actually have one on my table now and have put 4 hours into it and will likely put several more hours. Don't force any of the levers or they'll crack.

DonnaMiller 07-09-2015 09:23 PM

Great machine. You will love it.

liking quilting 07-10-2015 02:46 AM

Well your husband did well! He can divert the machines my direction if you can't take any more!!!

Sewnoma 07-10-2015 05:13 AM

Wonderful!! I have the free-arm version of this machine; I bought it because it's identical to the one my grandmother had - first machine I learned how to sew on!

They're nice quiet machines, I love how it runs. Mine is a little bit of a frankenstein as it turns out, and I still am not positive it's all working yet (my own laziness in not digging it out to test it now that I have received my pattern wheel), but it does a nice straight stitch!!

I also know from personal experience that these machines are strong enough to drive a needle right through an 8-year old's fingertip, nail and all! LOL

Pfaff referred to these machines in their ads as "Dial-a-Stitch", because you didn't use cams to get special stitches, you turned dials. ("You just dial for style!") Some of their ad graphics look like old rotary style phones...I love those 50's ads!

Tink's Mom 07-10-2015 05:40 AM

lovely machine...I have sewn on one of those. Just love the smooth sound of the machine as it is going along.....

Macybaby 07-10-2015 06:31 AM

My husband dreams of the day he finds one of those to bring home!

quiltedsunshine 07-10-2015 07:10 AM

Yes, I was just reading the manual, and the cams are built-it. I will need to find the pattern wheel. Nothing seems to be gummed-up. The reverse was a little sticky, but is OK now. This machine has 14 attachments, including a hopping foot for free-motion embroidery or quilting. It looks like it was hardly used. The couching foot still has the string through the hole. That foot is my favorite way to do ruffles / gathering. We are going to be friends.

tessagin 07-10-2015 07:17 AM

Congratulations!!