Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Looking for a foot for my Pfaff 1222 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/looking-foot-my-pfaff-1222-a-t305957.html)

Lee in Richmond 07-26-2019 04:15 AM

Looking for a foot for my Pfaff 1222

I have clear-plastic-toe feet for this machine, but they will not engage the built-in walking foot. I would like to have an "open toe" foot but still have the walking foot advantage. Is it possible that other short shank feet would fit this machine just fine?

I probably don't need to say that I am not good at on-line research of this kind.

juliasb 07-26-2019 05:24 AM

I have interchanged many short shank feet among different machines with succes. The only way for sure that I know of is to try and see. Be careful and go slowly to see if it is going to work. When interchanging go one stitch at a time it may require an adjustment because the letter if the attachment is different from machine to machine. Be watchful especially of needle positions. I have yet to have a problem if I followed these steps. The only attachment that I found that may be different is an embroidery foot.

OurWorkbench 07-26-2019 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by Lee in Richmond (Post 8281242)
I have clear-plastic-toe feet for this machine, but they will not engage the built-in walking foot. I would like to have an "open toe" foot but still have the walking foot advantage. Is it possible that other short shank feet would fit this machine just fine?

I probably don't need to say that I am not good at on-line research of this kind.

I think the 1222 uses high shank feet.

Maybe https://www.thecolorfulworldofsewing...-Presser-Feet/ will give you some idea of what is available for the 1222.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.

Lee in Richmond 07-26-2019 12:40 PM

OurWorkBench, I think you are right. . . I shall flollow these leads.

Lee in Richmond 07-27-2019 07:57 AM

Many thanks to Janey and to Mark Stafford of The Colorful World of Sewing -- I now know how to buy an adapter for my old machine to use modern Pfaff feet which will still engage the Dual Feed function (what I always called a walking foot).

shasta5718 07-28-2019 06:11 AM

I put in pfaff 1222 sewing feet and came up with a set with an adaptor that will fit my 1222. It has been afew years ago so I don't remember where I got them other than it was ebay. They all use the IDT.

OurWorkbench 07-28-2019 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Lee in Richmond (Post 8281756)
Many thanks to Janey and to Mark Stafford of The Colorful World of Sewing -- I now know how to buy an adapter for my old machine to use modern Pfaff feet which will still engage the Dual Feed function (what I always called a walking foot).

You are welcome. I'm glad you were able to talk to someone to help you out. I noticed they had a couple different adaptors, but one looked like it would not work the Pfaff Dual Feed system. If memory serves, Pfaff has had a few different names/acronyms for it.

It seems that I have seen a few Pfaff machines that did not have Dual Feed or IDT even after it came out. I also found that some of Dual Feed did not have the thread cutter on it.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.

Lee in Richmond 07-28-2019 11:28 AM

I think I just have the "plain" 1222, no letters after the model number. Is IDT the same as dual feed, the same as walking foot? I certainly do not have a thread cutter that I know of. Or, come to think of it, maybe I do and just don't use it...a little V-shaped metal piece?

For the moment I have decided to just stay with the feet I have, not buy an adapter and snap-on feet. It is good to know I could, though!

The help on this website is just amazing, and I am grateful as always.