Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Love it when things work out -White 77MG (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/love-when-things-work-out-white-77mg-t258203.html)

J Miller 12-14-2014 10:52 AM

Love it when things work out -White 77MG

3 Attachment(s)
I've been looking for a White 77 to add to my White made machine collection. I didn't care if it was a cast iron version or the magnesium one, just as long as it was in good condition.

Several months ago I got a Hemstitching and Picoting attachment.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]502439[/ATTACH]
Although I knew it fit some kind of White made machine, it didn't fit any that I had. Turns out it fits the White Mdl 77. :D

Then last month I finally got a White 77MG. Nice shape too.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]502440[/ATTACH]
It didn't come with a carrying box and it needed cleaning and rewired, but that's no big deal.
I cleaned it, oiled it several times with Tri-Flow to flush out the old gummed up oil and rewired the cord set. It sews great. :D:D

Then my most recent batch of accessories from GW was a White attachment set with bobbins and other goodies and a White button holler.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]502441[/ATTACH]
All in OD green boxes to machine the machine. :D:):D

I just love it when things come together.

Now all I need is a carrying box.

Joe

Cari-in-Oly 12-14-2014 11:47 AM

Nice find. If you need an original manual for the machine I'll send you one.

Cari

J Miller 12-14-2014 11:53 AM

Cari,

I do, that's one thing I don't have. I'll PM you in a moment.

Joe

Cari-in-Oly 12-14-2014 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 7007555)
Cari,

I do, that's one thing I don't have. I'll PM you in a moment.

Joe

Got it Joe, it'll go in the mail tomorrow hopefully.

Cari

Cogito 12-14-2014 02:47 PM

Woo Hoo Joe, way to score. Yeah, I love it when the stars align. Lol. Have fun with your newest toy.

J Miller 12-14-2014 03:25 PM

I've been trying to decide what to make with it. So far all I've done is piece some quilt squares. Not sure what those will end up as.

I noticed the purple stain on the bed and case shows up in my picture. I tried to clean that off, but nothing would touch it. I don't know what it is but it sure is permanent.

Joe

costumegirl 12-14-2014 03:28 PM

Cute machine and great score with the attachments!!! :)

Stitchnripper 12-14-2014 03:58 PM

Nice! A whole set! Am interested in what you do with the picoting attachment.

ThayerRags 12-14-2014 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 7007766)
I noticed the purple stain on the bed and case shows up in my picture. I tried to clean that off, but nothing would touch it. I don't know what it is but it sure is permanent.
Joe

Maybe that machine is a “Purple People Eater”, and that’s what is left of the last purple person that it ate? I’d use caution if I were you.....even though you may not be purple.......

CD in Oklahoma

J Miller 12-14-2014 05:33 PM

CD,

That could be. At first I thought it might be a blood stain, but after trying to clean it off I don't think so.

Joe