Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Machine Challange for Lostn51 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/machine-challange-lostn51-t61052.html)

quilt addict 08-23-2010 07:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay Billy, I have this special surprise for you if you can figure it out. Really, if you like it I am interested in trading for some work on another machine but that is just so pedestrian.

I posted in the shop but see it has gotten lost so this will be easier for you to follow. I did some review on Needlebar and think I can figure out some photos that will make it challanging if you are game. Anyone can play.

The first clue was a bit of the cabinet.

A detail from drawer.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]103225[/ATTACH]

quilt addict 08-23-2010 07:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, here is another clue from the head.

It is on the bed of machine
[ATTACH=CONFIG]103230[/ATTACH]

AbbyQuilts 08-23-2010 07:15 PM

can I make a guess? I dotn want to ruin it for Billy if i am right

quilt addict 08-23-2010 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by AbbyQuilts
can I make a guess? I dotn want to ruin it for Billy if i am right

Sure, you can guess. Boy, I hope it was not that easy.

I will not post the answer until Billy chimes in.

Lostn51 08-24-2010 11:23 AM

Oh I see how you pretty SoCal women are now, you like to see me squirm a little before you tell......and it is working ;)

I have been going through your inventory in your garage from memory and I dont remember if you have one of these or not. And yes I am going to come out to spend some time with you and see your garage!! I just want to know what it feels like when you throw the door open and I see the contents. Talk about sensory overload!!

You know you are going to be on an episode of "American Pickers" before its over with!! :lol:

Now back to the challenge........I think I know what it is but I might need one more clue to be sure.I am thinking it is a Singer 9W or W&W9?

Billy

quilt addict 08-24-2010 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Oh I see how you pretty SoCal women are now, you like to see me squirm a little before you tell......and it is working ;)

Now back to the challenge........I think I know what it is but I might need one more clue to be sure.I am thinking it is a Singer 9W or W&W9?

Billy

Okay, I will post another clue tonight when get back to my photos. I will try to make it a really hard one but you know the machines so well and my photo editing skills are very minimal I'm sure you will be able to guess. Abby figured it out right away.

This one was not in the garage when posted that picture. It was just added to the collection and is in the Sunroom where I keep the nicer ones so I can look at them easily.

Yeah, I get that sensory overload whenever I open the garage too. Wonder what the fellas that sit on their front porch across the street think. The garage sale is next month. So then I will either have room for the 4Runner or more sewing machines! :P

cizzors 08-24-2010 12:03 PM

Don't think it's a W&W9 cause I just got one and it doesn't look like that.

quilt addict 08-24-2010 04:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, clue # 3.

Serial # 2641818. Does that help you? I will not tell you where it is found because think that may give it away.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay, a picture also.

Hope you are joining the game Billy! But anyone can jump in and I will PM you until Billy gets the right answer. :thumbup:

Clue 3 picture.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]103915[/ATTACH]

purplefiend 08-24-2010 04:56 PM

Is it a New Home?

quilt addict 08-24-2010 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Is it a New Home?

Nope, but good guess. Thanks for playing