Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   The Machine Shed - a place to keep my collection (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/machine-shed-place-keep-my-collection-t255880.html)

Mrs. SewNSew 10-27-2014 08:56 AM

I LOVE watching buildings go up! It's going pretty fast too! Before you know it, you'll be inside and toasty warm arranging machines! It's going to be very nice.

Macybaby 10-27-2014 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Mrs. SewNSew (Post 6945713)
I LOVE watching buildings go up! It's going pretty fast too! Before you know it, you'll be inside and toasty warm arranging machines! It's going to be very nice.

It's going to be nice! I was looking for something upstairs and I've got stuff all over the place (like the floor, on top of each other, in boxes on top of machines . . .) I may need to take a week off work to try to get things organized. I have to much . . . stuff! (Ok, if that is true why do I keep buying more?) Actually, I have too much of the wrong stuff!

I think it's going to be painful - because I'm going to have to make some choices and some are going to need to go.

oldtnquiltinglady 10-27-2014 09:51 AM

What a wonderful space you will have. I love it. Mine is a Mennonite built l6x38 building set up by itself behind our house, and is absolutely wonderful. But only 7 or 8 years into it, and I am crowded out of it. I have to make myself do what you are facing, get rid of it, or pile it somewhere else......a dreaded chore for me. I start trying to clear out, then start remembering (memory trips) and there goes my day of getting my sewing room cleaned up.

oldtnquiltinglady 10-27-2014 10:00 AM

And, oh yes, I love your chickens. Wish we could have some; but for the time being, no can do. We love our road trips too much, and grandkids are getting too old for us to depend on them when we take off.

ThayerRags 10-27-2014 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by oldtnquiltinglady (Post 6945798)
....grandkids are getting too old for us to depend on them when we take off.

I’m confident that you said that correctly, but it does seem like it should be the other way around, huh? (as in: grandkids are still too young....)

CD in Oklahoma

Jackie R 10-27-2014 06:04 PM

I must say, you have a fantastic husband to do all that.

mjhaess 10-30-2014 01:51 PM

Looks great...Love the chickens...

Tippysmom 10-30-2014 02:25 PM

Me, too! A quilting friend of mine has a few, and I wish we could have them (she's almost in the country). Their eggs are fantastic!

What a neat space you will have! Hmmm, there is a small playhouse in our backyard which was built for the small daughters of the previous owner. It's really small, but maybe it could be enlarged a bit, plus it has electricity.

Hmmm, indeed!

ThayerRags 10-31-2014 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by ThayerRags (Post 6944286)
...An old Supermarket across the street from our house went up for auction last Friday. It is an 18,540 square feet brick building. CD in Oklahoma

We heard that it went for $18G, which would be about $1 per square foot. Not bad for owning your own storage building and the land it’s on, including a paved parking lot. Even at that though, we wouldn’t be able to afford to maintain a roof that size even if we didn’t hook any utilities up and just used it for storage.

I think that keeping your Machine Shed a more “manageable size” is probably good thinking, and I hope it’s still coming along nicely. I wish I had one like it.

CD in Oklahoma

Rodney 10-31-2014 09:33 AM

That's cheap, pretty much unheard of around here. Still if I had a place that big I'd just fill it up and have a bigger mess on my hands.
Rodney